HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Airflow not always to right vents

Go down 
AuthorMessage
r67northern

r67northern

Airflow not always to right vents Empty
PostSubject: Airflow not always to right vents   Airflow not always to right vents Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi All,

I’ve been living with this intermittent problem for awhile, it might betting worse. I’ve got a ‘93 RMW, it likes to make a ‘clunk’ sound in the HVAC that I can attribute to the vent selection. Sometimes the air isn’t going to the right place either.

Not unusual to switch off the engine and, as the vacuum goes down, the clunk happens again so it seems like it’s associated with the vent selector “valve” (need a better name). Any thoughts on what I should be looking for before I go randomly digging?

Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Airflow not always to right vents   Airflow not always to right vents Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Leaking hose/valve/motor. Use a vacuum test pump, and listen for leaks. You will find the unit under the passenger side knee bolster. It may be a vacuum motor. You can test each hose from the valve, and if they all work properly, it is the valve. One hose goes to the reserve tank on top of the plenum.
Back to top Go down
r67northern

r67northern

PostSubject: Re: Airflow not always to right vents   Airflow not always to right vents Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 11:29 am

Thanks for the insight Fred, knowing what to take a careful look at is always really helpful.
-Leland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airflow not always to right vents   Airflow not always to right vents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airflow not always to right vents
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Heating and Air Conditioning-
Jump to: