GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New USMags Roadster

Go down 
+2
rcktpwrd
93RMW
6 posters
AuthorMessage
93RMW

93RMW

New USMags Roadster Empty
PostSubject: New USMags Roadster   New USMags Roadster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 3:44 pm

Potholes suck. I ran over a deep one a month ago on an overpass/merge onto the highway and took out both driver side tires and wheels. I've had 20's on the car for almost 10 years without issue in both California and Colorado but finally lost the battle.

RIP 20x8.5 (ET 13) Velocity STW-190. I really loved how these looked on the car.

New USMags Roadster Img_2010
New USMags Roadster Img_2011
New USMags Roadster Img_2012

I couldn't find replacement for the out of production wheels, so settled on US Mags Roadsters 20x8. Tires for both are 255/35/20 I'm glad I didn't try for the 9.5's on the back. We had to jack up the opposite end of the axel to get the wheel in, but its inches from rubbing once mounted.

I'm not entirely a fan of the grey but don't hate it and the wheel has nice detail. I may paint the grey black or a light silver. I'd rather it be polished but it has a texture to it that would be a lot of work to remove.  

New USMags Roadster Img_2013
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: New USMags Roadster   New USMags Roadster Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2019 5:30 pm

I think the new wheels look awesome!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New USMags Roadster   New USMags Roadster Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 3:08 pm

My one my favorite wheels out there right now! Cool
Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: New USMags Roadster   New USMags Roadster Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 8:43 pm

not sure on those new rims, but they certainly ARE different than anything else i've seen so far on a wagon.
I really like the paint job/wood upgrade - looks a bit understated and refined
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
93RMW

93RMW

PostSubject: Re: New USMags Roadster   New USMags Roadster Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 2:15 pm

Serendipity96 wrote:
not sure on those new rims, but they certainly ARE different than anything else i've seen so far on a wagon.
I really like the paint job/wood upgrade - looks a bit understated and refined

Thanks.

The woodgrain is blackline walnut reprint made for the 70's Ford Country Squires, the surround trim is black vinyl with a woodgrain texture, so it reads black until you catch it in the light up close.

I'm hoping to finish wrapping the stainless steel trim in gloss black vinyl and put all of it back on the car soon. Just waiting on cooler weather.

As for the wheels. It was a toss up between these and chrome Hustlers which look great but maybe a bit too Baller for my taste. I figure eventually something better will come along and some guy with a 80-90's squarebody will want these used.
Back to top Go down
monwell

PostSubject: Re: New USMags Roadster   New USMags Roadster Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 9:00 pm

The wheels look nice and kinda unique. What's the offset and backspacing? I'm planning to sell my old american racing wheels and get some new ones.
Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: New USMags Roadster   New USMags Roadster Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 1:18 pm

The woodgrain is blackline walnut reprint made for the 70's Ford Country Squires, the surround trim is black vinyl with a woodgrain texture, so it reads black until you catch it in the light up close.

cool - looks different than the original - we had a 72 country squire wagon growing up - looking at pics of them now you see that they had 4 distinctive dark thin horizontal - the reprint looks darker and a little different on yours

didn't think to wrap the chrome trim - like to see that when you are done
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New USMags Roadster   New USMags Roadster Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 5:25 pm

I ended up buying a set of these in 18" for my new daily driver.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New USMags Roadster   New USMags Roadster Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 12:32 pm

Much better imho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New USMags Roadster   New USMags Roadster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New USMags Roadster
Page 1 of 1