HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No fuel pressure

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haze5736

No fuel pressure Empty
PostSubject: No fuel pressure   No fuel pressure Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 4:32 pm

I was driving down the highway a few days ago at about 70mph on a flat straight stretch of road with the cruise control set. All of a sudden my wagon lost power and I coasted to the shoulder. It would crank fine but no start. I had it towed home.

I just hooked up a fuel pressure gauge to the test port and I'm reading 0 pressure with key to run position engine off. I also get 0 psi when cranking. I can hear the fuel pump running with key on. If I cycle the key to off and run enough times I can get it to sputter just once, but still 0 psi on the tester. I get the slightest fuel vapors when I manually release pressure at the test port. What should I test before dropping the tank to check for a disconnected line inside the tank? If I can hear it running, does that mean that everything should be ok from an electrical standpoint? Could it be a problem with the fuel pressure regulator?

I replaced the pump/sending unit last year with a DELPHI HP10014. I also replaced the fuel pressure regulator with a DELPHI FP10004.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I do not have any DTC's set.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

No fuel pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: No fuel pressure   No fuel pressure Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 9:16 pm

have you checked to fuel filter?

Mine has had some running issues and found the fuel filter plugged nearly solid, otherwise it might be that the small hose going from the pump to the sending unit somehow got disconnected.

But if you can hear the pump then it's not electrical unless the pump itself somehow broke apart internally so that the pump motor runs but it's can't pump.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

No fuel pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: No fuel pressure   No fuel pressure Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 7:04 pm

you didn't specify the year. The TBI cars are prone to the hose that connects the pump to the sending unit splitting, but you said you had replaced it all last year.

I would say try the fuel filter (at least take it off and blow through it to see if clogged and then turn the key on with the fuel line in a coffee can and see how much gas comes out on the 2nd prime. it should be a few ounces I would think. If it's a dribble, then in the tank you go. assuming you checked the lines for leaks.

Back to top Go down
Haze5736

No fuel pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: No fuel pressure   No fuel pressure Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 7:18 am

It's a 96. I'll test at the fuel filter tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No fuel pressure Empty
PostSubject: Re: No fuel pressure   No fuel pressure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No fuel pressure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Engine-
Jump to: