GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will this distributor fit?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rauldelp

rauldelp

Will this distributor fit? Empty
PostSubject: Will this distributor fit?   Will this distributor fit? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 pm

I know that the stock b-body tbi distributor is a larger base and shorter than a standard sbc distributor.

I have two questions.

I'm putting together an l31 vortec heads with a tbi feeding it kinda setup. The intake manifold I have to fit the vortec heads looks to have enough meat to bore to fit the larger base stock distributor. I'd rather not bore the intake, but if I have to, I have to. If I take off the cap and rotor, can I install a regular distributor, then reinstall the cap and rotor once it's in the intake?

Next question,

The cam on the engine has a supposed rpm range of 1800-5600, so it'll never hit over 6k, would the stock distributor be ok to that range?

Thanks! Trying to make a nice cruiser motor. Trying to keep the costs down (impossible, I know) but spending where I need to keep it reliable.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

Will this distributor fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will this distributor fit?   Will this distributor fit? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 3:56 pm

You can put a regular distributor in but you will need to pull the intake if you ever have to service it. Not ideal, but it will work.
Back to top Go down

Will this distributor fit?
Page 1 of 1