GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Totaled now what ?

Go down 
+3
Isurf
silverfox103
Eds rmw
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eds rmw

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 7:11 pm

My 95 roadmaster was hit by a mini van. Passenger side fender, frt. Door, quarter, toast, door pillar bent.
Nice wagon, 169k miles. Not my fault. His insurance is state farm. Any real world experience dealing with them on an a wagon ?

Ed Looking for new wagon, Kelly
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 8:56 pm

Sorry to hear, I know Fred Kiehl or Sprocket, should be able to give you a few tips as they have had recent accidents.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 11:58 am

Prepare for an extended negotiation. From long ago experience they will start with a very bad offer to settle with you. I eventually negotiated to not have my car totaled (I was still driving it every day), received payment to have it repaired (no salvage title), and received near double what they originally offered. The original offer included they get the car and title. They are in business to make a proffit, NOT to protect you.

Good luck, have patience, do not lose your cool.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 11:28 pm

Mine got the whole driver's side wiped out. They offered me $2500 to total it. I suggested that it has a $11,000 engine in it, and they asked for receipts. No receipts, so I suggested that we get an "as it was" appraisal, and they quickly came up with another $3000 labeling it as "medical". The insurance company was a commercial company. I do not know if there are any lingering injuries in your case.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 7:51 pm

Prepare for the extended headache. Supposedly, I have a settlement with GEICO. After 10 months we arrived at a number and I get to keep the wreck with Cert of Destruction. Like Fred I had around 12K into my build, with little to no receipts as I bartered for many parts, and did alot of the work myself.

The first offer was a joke and it has been a long process. Now that they have agreed, I can't get someone to get with me to sign the paperwork... I changed jobs a week ago and work in a different county and the adjuster can't drive friggin 20 miles because it's a different county or some BS.

My car was completely destroyed with a twisted frame and body. it looks bad, but it' worse the longer you look at it. There is a thread with pics...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 8:04 pm

If they want to total it, get them to find you another comparable car, and get it for you at no out of pocket expense. Check social media, and forums for cars in the meantime to put in their face. See a doctor about injures, and trauma asap. Threaten them with taking it to a lawyer.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 8:09 pm

yes, you have a 7 day window to go to the doctor. Even if you feel okay, still go, something might make itself known later.

I didn't get sore for almost a week.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Mine got the whole driver's side wiped out. They offered me $2500 to total it. I suggested that it has a $11,000 engine in it, and they asked for receipts. No receipts, so I suggested that we get an "as it was" appraisal, and they quickly came up with another $3000 labeling it as "medical". The insurance company was a commercial company. I do not know if there are any lingering injuries in your case.

that's why I save all the work orders and receipts even from paypal and that for anything I purchase for any of my vehicles, that way something does happen I have proof of what's been done above and beyond simple maintenance, such as the 6,000 spent on the engine and carb in my dually.

if you want I can post up a pic of the appraisal from my 94 rmw which was appraised for $7,000 here in Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
Eds rmw

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 6:12 pm

Update ! State farm totaled my wagon. Value was $3091.00. Salvage price was very fair, so I kept it.
Sold it this week, to a fellow member here. Pretty happy with the results, even bought another wagon ,
A nice ldm 95 RMW.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2019 9:01 pm

sounds like it worked out well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Totaled now what ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Totaled now what ?   Totaled now what ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Totaled now what ?
Page 1 of 1