GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Air bag suspension

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bgs455

bgs455

Air bag suspension Empty
PostSubject: Air bag suspension   Air bag suspension Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 12:28 pm

Hi all, any bagged guys in here? If so, would you share any install pics? I have never done anything with bags. I just trying to get a visual on whatever I can. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pullover

Air bag suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bag suspension   Air bag suspension Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 5:42 pm

I've been interested in this as well. I've seen some generic kits on ebay that may work if your up for some fab work.
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

Air bag suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bag suspension   Air bag suspension Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 10:09 am

Why bother ? My last wagon I used a spring package from Hotchkis #1922 for an Impala SS I'll be doing this on the one I just purchased the kit runs around $350.00  .I run fat 60 series TA radials on 15x8 Vette style rally wheels the lower sidewall tires also drop the car a bit and I have no issues with tire rub . No fabrication ,you can install it in an afternoon ,still maintains a  nice ride and for me gives it a nice look .
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Air bag suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bag suspension   Air bag suspension Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 3:00 pm

Wojtek wrote:
Why bother ? My last wagon I used a spring package from Hotchkis #1922 for an Impala SS I'll be doing this on the one I just purchased the kit runs around $350.00  .I run fat 60 series TA radials on 15x8 Vette style rally wheels the lower sidewall tires also drop the car a bit and I have no issues with tire rub .  No fabrication ,you can install it in an afternoon ,still maintains a  nice ride and for me gives it a nice look .

Because a car on bags is much different than a car on lowering springs. Some folks want their ride on the ground, others don't. Don't need an expensive set of lowering springs either when some cheap parts from Moog will do just fine.

Air bag suspension NNNInxr

OP, you will have better luck over at ISSF for bagging info. Majority of folks here like em stock and high in the sky.

Rev Bob and Wojtek like this post

Back to top Go down
booster

Air bag suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bag suspension   Air bag suspension Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 4:58 pm

[quote="94Woody"]
Wojtek wrote:
Or, you will have better luck over at ISSF for bagging info. Majority of folks here like em stock and high in the sky.

That would be me. cheers "Low is no" in my world of cruising around wherever we want, or going on couple of hundred mile country drive. Never know what the roads of driveways will bring and don't want leave parts along the way. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

Air bag suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bag suspension   Air bag suspension Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 6:37 pm

Just wanted to give the OP another option if he was not familiar with my set up , when I did my first Roadmaster 12 years ago the only way to drop them was springs or bags and I'm not a big fan of bags . . How much of a drop does the Moog springs give and do you have parts #'s always looking for a way to save . Nice car and I really like the wheels brand and size as this is on my list of things to do .
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Air bag suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bag suspension   Air bag suspension Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 10:05 am

booster wrote:
94Woody wrote:
Wojtek wrote:
Or, you will have better luck over at ISSF for bagging info. Majority of folks here like em stock and high in the sky.

That would be me. cheers "Low is no" in my world of cruising around wherever we want, or going on  couple of hundred mile country drive.  Never know what the roads of driveways will bring and don't want leave parts along the way.  Shocked

4 years now and my wagon cruises anywhere I want it to. It hauls my family, groceries, lumber, etc without an issue. Still has all of it parts as well. One just has to know how to drive a lowered car.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Air bag suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air bag suspension   Air bag suspension Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air bag suspension
Page 1 of 1