GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

oil cooler lines...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

oil cooler lines... Empty
PostSubject: oil cooler lines...   oil cooler lines... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Old/original lines were leaking so I got a Doorman replacement set. Not the worst job I have done but it's amazing how tight things are under the hood! The wiring for the O2 sensor and the oil level sensor running between the lines was a nice treat! Rolling Eyes

The upper line in the radiator came out fairly easily. The lower line was a little bit of a fight, the extra length of the nut provides the wrong leverage and wants to bend the tank instead of a turning force... A good bit of constant pressure and holding the line from bending the rad tank and the nut came free.

It took a bit of fiddling to get the new line set back into place, but once in it all went back together smoothly. I also did an oil change.
I only ran the car for a couple minutes and so far everything is sealed up. Cool
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines...   oil cooler lines... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2019 3:52 pm

Forgot to add that I might have to replace the oil level sensor and the wiring harness for it. The center part was moving inside the outer nut. Also the blue cover on the connector broke off.

Anyone have a part number handy for the sensor?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines...   oil cooler lines... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2019 7:04 pm

rcktpwrd wrote:
Forgot to add that I might have to replace the oil level sensor and the wiring harness for it. The center part was moving inside the outer nut. Also the blue cover on the connector broke off.

Anyone have a part number handy for the sensor?

NO number. I just buy them from any parts store. Advance should carry the Delco part.

The Dorman lines will start leaking eventually. The problem is the crimps. Most just cut them off and put some hose clamps on. I just delete the setup and throw the lines in the trash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler lines...   oil cooler lines... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oil cooler lines...
Page 1 of 1