GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'94 estate wagon door stuck shut for over a year, Help!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boonville

'94 estate wagon door stuck shut for over a year, Help! Empty
PostSubject: '94 estate wagon door stuck shut for over a year, Help!   '94 estate wagon door stuck shut for over a year, Help! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 10:44 am

Is there a way to disengage a stuck door latch on a longroof?

My 94 estate wagon shares my daily driver status with my 89 dakota. When I got her the drivers side door would only open from the outside occasionally. Self tapping screws in the door panel notified me that i was not the first to attempt this repair. I removed the panel and exterior handle and found that the rod between the exterior door handle and the latch mechanism was bent and/or out of adjustment. I removed the clip on the ext. handle threaded the rod a few times into the connector. I reconnected everything and closed the door perfectly 20 times! I "fixed" it! I then drove to the store and the door has not opened since. The panel is still off so I have plenty of access. I have tried with screwdrivers, picks and pliers to disengage the latch but it will not budge!

I have been using the passenger door to get in and out for over a year and my driveway has a gate on it.

Please help!
sincerely,
stuck in sebastopol
Back to top Go down

'94 estate wagon door stuck shut for over a year, Help!
Page 1 of 1