GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jonathandacosta1

93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!! Empty
PostSubject: 93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!!   93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2020 6:48 pm

Hey everyone I recently started hearing a clunk from my RMW rear end, so I stuck it up on the lift and noticed my rear lower control arm broke right at the bushing, there was a previous botched repair done on that arm before my ownership!! So my question is are sedan control arms the same? I can get a set fairly inexpensive

Thanks in advance for the help everyone!
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!!   93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2020 10:17 pm

The arms are the same, however the car/rearend is different on the wagons (~3" wider).
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!!   93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 8:44 am

You can get any B or D body control arm from the local junk yard. While you are under there, you might consider replacing at least the lower arm bushings on both arms. The uppers are a little more difficult to R&R, but the lowers are pretty easy to access. It will not change anything if you do both of them. You  never really know what is in the donor arms.

The rear in the wagons is 2 inches wider than any of the other B and D body rears, and the lower arm mounts are spaced the same distance inward.
Back to top Go down
jonathandacosta1

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!!   93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 11:29 pm

Thank you for the info, yes I do plan on putting new bushings in the entire rear suspension!
When you said D body’s did you mean like the Cadillac Fleetwood?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!!   93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 4:46 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!!   93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 7:54 am

I know all the front control arms are the same between the 80's GM boxy wagons and the 90's B bodies as I have a Pontiac Safari and the part numbers for the front control arms are the same so I would assume the rear control arms would be the same between the years aswell as they use the same frame, though the local autozone has the rear control arms for the Pontiac they don't have anything for my 94 buick but I think that might be a lack of knowledge on their part as I've caught them on that before just incase you want to get new with bushings rather then the job of getting old bushings out and new bushings pressed back in
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!!   93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 8:43 am

The only issue I have dealt with is putting a spacer between the open ends at the bushings, to keep it from bending, and making removal and installation difficult. I used a large hammer, and a piece of iron pipe when the R&R tool parts do not fit. You just have to make a place for the bushing to go when it extends past the end of the arm (known as a receiver).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!!   93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

93 roadmaster wagon rear lower trailing arms... broken!!
Page 1 of 1