GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfevr

inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan? Empty
PostSubject: inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan?   inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:09 am

1994 RMW 155K Tow Package

Don't believe my secondary, elect. cooling fan is operating? I've jumpered the elect. fan and it spins. But replaced the secondary cooling fan relay. Still no go. Drove 22 miles today with AC on, but still no fan operating while idling? Guess I need to test fuse/relay panel, then wiring and coolant temp. sensor. Any ideas? Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.landracing.com
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan?   inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:58 am

The secondary fan doesn't come on until the engine is quite warm. The only time I've heard it run was in June when we were driving slowly in Tuscon.

You can test it by unplugging the intake air sensor. Both fans come on and the CEL comes on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan?   inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Uh Nick, don't you mean the COOLANT temperature sensor?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan?   inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nick
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan?   inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:39 pm

I don't know. I once forgot to plug in the IAT, and both fans went to full speed.

PS I just discovered shbox. Love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
saltfevr

PostSubject: Re: inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan?   inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Nick & Sherlock;

Thanks for the pics & replies! Mebbe you're correct aboout my engine wasn't warm enough? It was only 75 degrees,when I drove 22 miles. When I did the digital #8 temp. control dash test as I drove, temp. only read 127F? Dash gauge needle was only about 1/2 way.
I'll try disconnecting the ECT sensor(engine coolant Temp) which is easily shown in my Haynes Manual beneath water pump on drivers side.
Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
http://www.landracing.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan?   inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Things that make you say HMMMMMMM

You drove 22 miles and the ECC says 127*F and the dash reads 1/2?

Sumpin ain't right. Thermostat stuck open?

180* is only 1/4 on my dash, and that's after about 6 min of driving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan?   inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

inoperable Elect.Cooling Fan?
Page 1 of 1