GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor Empty
PostSubject: Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor   Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:08 am

Hi all, Ahab here...I have a problem with water pooling up in the front
and rear footwells on the passenger side of my 94 Caprice Wagon.I can
not seem to locate the problem.
The symptoms are,I can wash the wagon,it can rain a down pour and the
footwells remain dry as a bone.But within 12 to 15 hours later the water
has pooled up and the footwells are sloppy wet,soaked,nasty.I could raise
guppies in them.If anyone has any ideas,please feel free to share...Ahab scratch
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor   Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:35 am

Did the little elbow drop off the A/C coolant drain on the outside of the firewall? That'l do it everytime.........
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor   Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 10:38 am

There has been a lot on this topic do search as well............
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor   Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:12 am

Ahoy Captain!

Here is where your problem is, and what I would do: everyone thinks it's the drip hose, it is not. I would remove passenger seat and pull back the carpet on that side. Remove the cowl grill on that side. Stick a hose down inside the cowl, turn the water on.

You should be able to see the water coming in now. So, what you have to do is caulk anything that looks like a seem in the cowl gulley. I used GE silicon, there are probably other things as good.

I will bet you that takes care of your problem, been there; done that.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Leaking Wagon   Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Thank you all for the help and suggestions.I will try the A/C coolant drain first as that would be the easiest to repair and then go to the seat removal and cowl check...I also joined the forum on facebook.
So you can now see a photo of Moby Dick.I had trouble with photobucket and one other program trying to get a photo posted on this forum.But had none with Facebook (go figure) Thanks again Ahab!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor   Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Captain Ahab wrote:
Thank you all for the help and suggestions.I will try the A/C coolant drain first as that would be the easiest to repair and then go to the seat removal and cowl check...I also joined the forum on facebook.
So you can now see a photo of Moby Dick.I had trouble with photobucket and one other program trying to get a photo posted on this forum.But had none with Facebook (go figure) Thanks again Ahab!! Very Happy
Moby Dick? I think there a re a few pics on here already.....lol Live in upsate NY? pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor   Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaking Wagon!!! pooling water on floor
Page 1 of 1