GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New (to me) steering wheel...

Go down 
+2
200OZ
toomanytoyz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

New (to me) steering wheel... Empty
PostSubject: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks to Mike (200OZ), I have a cool new wheel in the Marshmallow! He sent me a link to an eBay ad a while back saying it was something I had to have... So I clicked the link, and he was RIGHT! I think it's out of a T-Type.

New (to me) steering wheel... NewWheel

I finally got around to installing it today. It's about 1/2" less diameter than the stock wheel, but the grip is much thicker. I LOVE IT! I had to remove my airbag, and coil, and trim about 1/4" off the back of the wheel to get it to clear the airbag column, but it was still an easy install. Horn even works! Smile

Thanks Mike!
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 pm

Looks good Bill. I still can't find a beige one that isn't $150.00, Still looking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Awesome Match Up   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Now thats how a GNW (Grand National Wagon) that Buick should have built would have looked like.The wheel looks great and centers the gauges
too.I often wonder what our wagons would look like today if GM hadnt swallowed the SUV pill and started down that slippery slope to bailouts
and being content with being ranked constantly at the bottom.
Even though they are building some truly amazing cars today,I dont ever see "the Big Three'ever being more than a weak fourth or fifth and I am
being generous.Too many burned owners that went asian years ago and now a new generation of drivers who dont know anything else unless
their dad, grandads or uncles are old school WAGON enthusiast.
Take Care
Jim the funny walking man
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Lookin' good Bill! Darned good color match too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Nice.

Vacuum your carpet.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:09 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Nice.

Vacuum your carpet.

Very Happy

LOL. Thanks. Smile Black shows everything!!!!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:55 pm

Yeah, what are you doing with a black carpet in that thing, anyways? Is it out of the SS? You should just give it to me Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:13 pm

LOVE IT!! Want that wheel too....and still love the gauges.

Anyone know how hard it would be to pull the airbag bulb if I did that???

Wish you were closer, I'd detail the inside for free!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 am

Hey, I haven't washed it since Wagonfest. What do you want from me??? Wink

Bulb is easy to pull. 2 7mm's and pop the dash face off, and then I think it's 2 or 4 more 7mms and the cluster is out. 15 minutes, tops. Smile
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:15 am

A sexy new steering wheel and "Mr. Horsepower" floor mats... (fp) smh
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:36 am

Not to be a copy-cat but if anyone comes across one of these steering wheels please let me know. Dark red please! Been looking in the yards but so far have not found one.

THANKS!!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New (to me) steering wheel...   New (to me) steering wheel... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New (to me) steering wheel...
Page 1 of 1