GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WagonLover

WagonLover

Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels Empty
PostSubject: Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels   Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:55 am

Anyone ever install one of these on a wagon?.. im having i guess you would say clearence issues.. first you put on in the metal "washer" which is supose to be the spacer im assuming.. i had to put on the snap ring first that held in the clock spring.. then put this spacer in.. then i installed the hub.. here is where my problems comes into play.. the black peice that supose to cover all this mess behing the wheel is hitting the colum.. and i dont want to keep putting spacers in there because obviously the hub needs to grab some kind of splines.. i was thinkin about gettin this black peice that covers up the mess cut about 3/16 of an inch..
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels   Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:48 pm

Fred K has one, I believe...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels   Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:34 pm

I have a quick disconnect, but it is not a Grant. I have not priced the Grant parts. All of them are easy to install. The only thing you may rn into is the extra "height" of the quick release.

I used an NRG short adapter and a close quick release adapter (not NRG). I also had to use a 10mm spacer/adapter to fix a clearance issue between the adapters. The parts I used required that I have a wheel with a MOMO or Nardi bolt pattern (both 6 bolt, but different). If you use both parts from NRG, they will probably work together and not need the spacer. With all this happening, I had to use a "no-dish" wheel to get the proper distance from the turn signal stalk. If I am correct, Grant does not make a "no-dish" wheel.

If you do not mind reaching a little far for your turn signal The grant wheel/quick disconnect will work. I personally like the selection of 6 bolt wheels better than the Grants. The Grant base adapter requires that you remove the clockspring retainer tabs at the top inside of the column bezel. I used a dremel and a sanding drum with a lot of care.

If you get a wheel without a horn, the Grant horns can be fit with the addition of a large "washer" to cover the gap between the Nardi/MOMO center hole. I made one with a piece of black plastic from a dash support. It is about 1/8 inch thick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels   Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Qwick Disconnect Grant steering wheels
Page 1 of 1