GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Black Out Pillars on the Wagon

Go down 
+3
silverfox103
ChevyChugg
Cadet57
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:34 pm

What do you think?

Black Out Pillars on the Wagon 35b2c214
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:39 pm

looks hot, how'd you do it?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:40 pm

ChevyChugg wrote:
looks hot, how'd you do it?

One can of Krylon gloss black, roll of 3M blue tape, and some newspaper Cool
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Nice!!
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Now it's time for tint.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:45 pm

ChevyChugg wrote:
Now it's time for tint.

Exactly what I was planning.

35% up front, 20% on the rest Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Wow that looks good.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:13 pm

Nice job Justin!

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Yeah so uh... I'm doing that tomorrow.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Yeah so uh... I'm doing that tomorrow.

Smile

It would look awesome with your red paint. Btw, dont forget to tape the door jambs so paint doesnt go thru when you spray. and try to get the tape as close as you can on the black rubber molding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Yeah, I learned about taping the inside from Sprocket. He forgot to, and there's a nice black stripe between his doors. :p

Gotta pick up a newspaper tomorrow. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:53 pm

So I'm a copy cat.

Excuse the crappy cell phone quality photo:

Black Out Pillars on the Wagon 71863_1665131954789_1431987960_1791348_4999042_n
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Sting, you should see if you can find a cheap set of dog dish caps. I think they would look great with the silver wheels.

Black Out Pillars on the Wagon 010910taborvettemb4.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.80
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Yeah, I learned about taping the inside from Sprocket. He forgot to, and there's a nice black stripe between his doors. :p

Gotta pick up a newspaper tomorrow. lol

yeah what he said. so why did it take you this long?
Like the silver paint on the rims, definitely looks better than the black. accents the Silver on the bottom nicely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Nice Work Guys   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 pm

I was thinking about using those carbon fiber trim kits on Ebay but I like what Justin did even better.I am pulling my
vent visors off and replacing them with the window channel type from weathertec.The weathertec look much more
sleek and blend better with the lines of our wagons.Now I want to paint my pillars and I quess that gloss will be the color to use.
Jay I am bidding on a set of OCC alloys on Ebay but I think a set of body color rallys would look better but I have never seen Olds doggy dish center caps anywhere.Has anyone got a set with the Olds emblem or maybe a GM emblem they
want to get rid of?HINT HINT
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Hmm... I hadn't thought of dog dish caps. Those might even look cooler than the smoothies!

And I don't know Sprocket, I only had cans of satin black spray. Finally picked up one for the gloss. Speaking of satin black, I need to touch up my grille again... it's got some chips, but it's okay. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Stingroo wrote:
So I'm a copy cat.

Excuse the crappy cell phone quality photo:

Black Out Pillars on the Wagon 71863_1665131954789_1431987960_1791348_4999042_n

Sweet. That needs to come to WF. We need more Caprice wagons Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:25 pm

I tried, but I had another meet that I had been planning for MONTHS like 2 weeks before WF and I couldn't swing it.

2011 would be nice though, but looking unlikely unless I can secure a job for the summer or something.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Two suggestions on blacking out the pillars:

1. if you roll the windows down, the rubber weatherstripping just pulls right off of the pillars. Then just tape and newspaper around them.

2. I'd suggest you scuff that black and clearcoat it with a UV-resistant clear, then rub it out with some rubbing compound. Sounds obsessive, but in 4 years you'll thank me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:24 pm

^ Didn't know about the window roll down idea. Oh well, the deed is done.

And yeah, Cadet, heed his advice. In my case, I don't care because the whole CAR will be painted in the next year or so, ideally. I'm just messing around and seeing what I like/don't like until then. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Stingroo wrote:
And yeah, Cadet, heed his advice. In my case, I don't care because the whole CAR will be painted in the next year or so, ideally. I'm just messing around and seeing what I like/don't like until then. Smile

Yeah, I'll probably shoot some clear on it. Then again, car will be going for paint hopefully in the spring so I may have them properly paint and clear them.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:01 am

I like that look! I've often thought about doing it on my car. Looks really good, and I agree, get the windows tinted!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:17 am

Do it Mike. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:33 am

But then my car would not be "original". Ha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:01 pm

Says the guy with SS wheels

(LOL I kid. I like them a lot too...)
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:04 pm

And the Gran Sport emblems...but I can pull those easy. ; )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:04 pm

See there? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:16 pm

And I HAD to do the SS wheels. It looked like Grandma's dream car with the hubcaps that were on it when I bought it!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Out Pillars on the Wagon   Black Out Pillars on the Wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Out Pillars on the Wagon
Page 1 of 1