GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello longroofers

Go down 
+6
Krzdimond
93wgn
DBeaSSt
Tangowagon
lornejay1
WGesnerJr
10 posters
AuthorMessage
WGesnerJr

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:05 pm

I have noticed the lack of regulars over at the Impala SS forum and wondered where everyone had gone. I see where now.

Howdy,
Although I am not a wagon addict (i only have two) I have been into the last gen b-body wagons since 1999 when I joined B-Body.net. It was my first forum and taught me everything I needed to turn a 91 Caprice into an impala ss clone. Joined the impala ss forum in 2000 and learned to keep that one running until it was totaled. Now I'm onto a 94 Wood Caprice and LOVE the LT1.

My name is Jay Gesner and live just outside Atlanta. Here is my rides.

This is my first one; the 91. This was the morning it was hit in front of my house by the paper guy. The insurance company totaled it.
Hello longroofers Wagon_11

I bought it back and purchased this: its a 94 with the LT1.
Hello longroofers Blue_w11
Moved all the good stuff from the 91 to this one.
Hello longroofers Blue_w12

This is my 95 T/A. Bought new with an Automatic. After it lost 3rd & 4th gears, its now a 6 speed. This is a link to my wife's blog with pictures of it being converted.
http://lunacyoflife.blogspot.com/2008/04/trans-am.html
Although she is a frustrated humorist, most of what she says is true.

Well, I'm glad to hear that there is a more normal place to hang out. I too have had a post moved so I feel this may be a new home.

Thanks,
Jay
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Nice wagon Jay. You will like it here. It is slowly growing but the other forum is still used by most here as well. Lorne.
Back to top Go down
Tangowagon

Tangowagon

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:57 am

Great looking wagon!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:33 am

Welcome aboard. Nice wagons!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Welcome to the neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 1:16 pm

Welcome to the forum from NJ! Nice looking wagon... Shame about the gray one getting smacked.
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
WGesnerJr

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:07 pm

Thank you all. I will still use the other forum as well for quick searches and parts for sale. Otherwise, I think I'll chat here.

Yeah, the totaling of the gray one broke my heart. It was nearly done on the outside and was ready for some new upolstery. Its a shame that state farm wrote it off because they could not find a tailgate.
Hello longroofers Wagon_12
Hello longroofers Wagon_13
Hello longroofers Wagon_14
The quarter panel was not touched, just the tailgate, the taillight and the bumper cover. The biggest part is its a rust free car which could be valuable to someone. I hope to soon get it ready to go to someone that will do something with it. It would hate to junk it.

Glassboro NJ!!! I went to Rowan the first year they had the name. Only one semester and my mom got sick and I had to go home to Rahway!!! (yuck) Glassboro is a really nice area, nothing like northern NJ. I remember the WAWA training center. Always made me laugh.

Now I'm in Atlanta and working on my MBA. By august I should be done if it doesn't kill me first!!!!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Welcome from Savannah!!!

Don't forget to x-fer the mirrors too Shocked
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:49 am

Cool! Now, let me get this straight... They totaled the grey wagon over the tailgate? I assume you bought the car back from the insurance company?

Now, if you want, I have a friend that just offered a gate to me for $50. I can give you his number. Greyhound is fairly reasonable for shipping parts unless you wanted to wait a few months for WagonFest and maybe someone from your area could transport it back. I would hate to see a good wagon go to the crusher over a tailgate.

The section of Glassboro where I'm at is nice. I don't venture into the G-town section, especially at night. afro
Back to top Go down
WGesnerJr

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:07 am

Yes, the labor cost to repair the tail gate threw the estimate over the value of the car. So, I bought it back and had enough money left over for the Blue wagon.

This was in Oct 2006; A guy I used to work with at Year One had it and emailed me when he heard mine was totalled. Since the gray one has a 305 and needed interior work and his blue one was nearly perfect AND had an LT1, and he only wanted $2600, i couldn't resist. The test drive alone put a grin on my face that is still there.

I don't know if any of you remember a guy in north carolina that used sold wagons. Well this was his personal car and my buddy from Year One bought it from him.
Hello longroofers File0010

This ad is from 2001.

Let me get back to you on the Tailgate. Im still not sure what i am doing with it. The gray one got a new engine in 99 and the guy that built it assured me it would pass emmission; it never has. So I think it needs to go to somebody that needs a rust free body. And since I am not an emmsions inspector anymore, its hard to get on the road. I still have a hard time letting it go.

Hey Savannah!!! Love your place too. went down two years ago and cruised the water front. Ate some great seafood too.

Glassboro was a step up for me comming fron Rahway!!!!!

Thanks for the welcomes!
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 am

Yeah, I remember when wagon prices were up that high... I felt like a champ when I bought my 92 Caprice wagon for $700 back in 01'... They were going for 5-6K around here at that time.

Anyway, let me know on the gate...

L8R - Joe
Back to top Go down
sstripes96

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Jay,
Are you still at Year One? I'm in Lawrenceville now. Moved up here 6 years ago. Where are you in L'ville. Ill be dropping a new engine in the wife's 96 wagon here soon. I could use all the wagon support I can get.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:56 pm

Welcome! Dang...all the wagon guys in the South now! We need to get together sometime Smile I can offer up any help if you need it sstripes96...just throwing that out. I would take 1 dozen Krispy Kremes...lol

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
sstripes96

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:26 am

Hell Chris, maybe we can have a mini wagon fest and drop in a new bullet at the same time.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:29 am

WGesnerJr wrote:
. The gray one got a new engine in 99 and the guy that built it assured me it would pass emmission; it never has. So I think it needs to go to somebody that needs a rust free body.
Thanks for the welcomes!

i,ve been looking for a cheap rust free car to use to fix the palamino,.
i need the frame , front clip etc,.

nick
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Yeah, I would be game to help! Smile

Also...I am looking for a rear drivers lower quarter piece for my wagon if you are looking to cut that from the gray wagon...

Chris
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Chris, why not just replace the whole door shell?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:10 am

Sorry, I meant to say the rear quarter piece on the drivers side. Mine is rusted at the bottom. I'd like to get as much of a donor quarter as I could...I think there might be more rust hidden higher...

Hello longroofers Roady10
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:16 am

The white wagon at Pull A Part in Louisville has that very section in perfect condition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello longroofers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello longroofers   Hello longroofers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello longroofers
Page 1 of 1