GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need new exhaust system - Suggestions?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Need new exhaust system - Suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Need new exhaust system - Suggestions?   Need new exhaust system - Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Replacing my Edlebrock headers and stock cats with tri-y headers and cat delete pipes. Past that point I want a 2.5" exhaust that exits in the rear of the wagon. Might exit behind the wheel but I want to keep it fairly quite as it is my daily driver for business. Clearer Image is the only outfit I know making over the axle pipes but they exit on the side. Maybe I should by an Impala CAT back system and just buy those tails.

Please let me know if there are other routes.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Need new exhaust system - Suggestions?   Need new exhaust system - Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:34 pm

i have a single cat back on the 350 tbi with the rear resonater delete. It sounds ok at idle and acceleration but while cruising it's not that loud at all.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Need new exhaust system - Suggestions?   Need new exhaust system - Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:48 pm

You can get any sedan cat back and just have an exhaust shop adjust the rears to fit.

Or, you could order the dynomax intermediate pipes for like 38 bucks each, choose any muffler you want, and then have an exhaust shop make you tails...
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Need new exhaust system - Suggestions?   Need new exhaust system - Suggestions? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:57 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
You can get any sedan cat back and just have an exhaust shop adjust the rears to fit.

Or, you could order the dynomax intermediate pipes for like 38 bucks each, choose any muffler you want, and then have an exhaust shop make you tails...

The other way I was thinking is to buy a system or components from Jegs or summit for the Sedan and then buy the Clearer Image tails. But I am afraid of getting resonance on the set up.

Maybe the dynomax intermediates, my choice of mufflers and the clearer image tails......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need new exhaust system - Suggestions?   Need new exhaust system - Suggestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need new exhaust system - Suggestions?
Page 1 of 1