GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

about to get the Wagopn back on the road.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

about to get the Wagopn back on the road. Empty
PostSubject: about to get the Wagopn back on the road.   about to get the Wagopn back on the road. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:16 am

I haven't been on any of the forums in awhile, well at least posting. But I am putting my 91 caprice wagon back on the road, full time. I had lost interset after it was stolen and stripped, but for various reasons it will be the only car I have after this weekend. It has steel wheels on it, with trim rings and I am buying a set of truck rally center caps to go on them. I have to do a tune up, change belts, filters fluids this weekend, so I doubt I will be watching the Super Bowl. I just hope (with 190K on it) it can handle the 120 mi round trip to work everyday! Anyway, Just wanted to check in and say Hi. As time and money allows I will be upgrading. Which may be some time with child # 4 due in May. Oh, 1 question, as far as the trans goes, should I just change the fluid? I have had high mile ones the slipped after a fluid and filter change. Thanks Guys! oh, and No sig yet, let me give her a good wash 1st!
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

PostSubject: Re: about to get the Wagopn back on the road.   about to get the Wagopn back on the road. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:27 am

Man, I edited like 3 times, still left wagoPn and interet in there!
Back to top Go down
Tuffluck1975

Tuffluck1975

PostSubject: Re: about to get the Wagopn back on the road.   about to get the Wagopn back on the road. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:59 am

Congrates on the new baby and getting the wagon back on the road, sucks that someone needed your parts more than you did, atleast you didnt give up on it. I read a post somewhere about fluid and filter change, but I dont remember where. Maybe I will run across it later and can post a link for you. The last time I did one on a high milage tranny it slipped bad. Something about the detergent in the fluid... Anyway good luck with the wagon, can't wait to see some pics!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: about to get the Wagopn back on the road.   about to get the Wagopn back on the road. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 7:17 pm

good luck with the rehab this weekend.

If you drive it and tranny shifts ok, I wouldn't touch it with those miles. I'm of the mindset of if it ain't broke then don't fix it.
I had a buddy do a fluid swap and a week later he was at Speed Transmission.

190K is fine...as long as the body holds out....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: about to get the Wagopn back on the road.   about to get the Wagopn back on the road. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:54 pm

Leave the transmission alone, I had a low mile transmission in a different car that was slipping, the car was sitting for a couple of years before I got it, long story short the trans went out in less than a month.
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

PostSubject: Re: about to get the Wagopn back on the road.   about to get the Wagopn back on the road. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:58 am

So far , so good. Changed the oil, added ATF to the trans, greased the front end, unclogged the port on the throtle body where the pvc tube goes. Still have to change the Plugs and the O2 sensor, then I will keep refurbing. Shocks, front end rebuild and so on. Made it into work just fine, although I did notice the trans acting like it couldn't decide if it wanted to stay in OD around 65mph. Could this be a TV cable issue?
Back to top Go down
Tuffluck1975

Tuffluck1975

PostSubject: Re: about to get the Wagopn back on the road.   about to get the Wagopn back on the road. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 5:11 pm

TV cable is more than likely the culprit.... atleast your waits till 60-65 to act up.Mine is shifting with a mind of its own at 40-45, add that to the list of stuff I was gonna do this week before my spring sprung, lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: about to get the Wagopn back on the road.   about to get the Wagopn back on the road. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

about to get the Wagopn back on the road.
Page 1 of 1