GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tail Gate Handle Broke!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Tail Gate Handle Broke! Empty
PostSubject: Tail Gate Handle Broke!   Tail Gate Handle Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:38 pm

So I closed the tail gate last night and heard a thump in the well. Was surprised to see the right tail gate plastic release handle, the one for opening the door to the side, broke off. It cracked right where the screws mount it to the metal part. I can still open the gate with the metal part, but I hate seeing something broken back there.

Let me know if anyone has a dark red one please. Will try to hit the salvage yards this weekend.

Doh!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Tail Gate Handle Broke!   Tail Gate Handle Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Mine are both cracked there. I think I have yet to own a wagon that wasn't like that. All four of 'em... But they were never completely broken off. Isn't there a little tab inside the plastic that fits in the metal handle?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tail Gate Handle Broke!   Tail Gate Handle Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:25 pm

I hope you neandertals dont touch your wives/girlfriends the way you touch your wagons.Hey Mike what else have
you broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy New Year
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Tail Gate Handle Broke!   Tail Gate Handle Broke! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:40 pm

Last week there was a 94 RMW at the u pull it near me that had both the rear gate handles and they were dark red. I don't know if they were cracked or not. I can go there tomorrow and see if it is still there. PM me
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Tail Gate Handle Broke!   Tail Gate Handle Broke! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:17 am

I didn't know this was a common issue. So whenever I see these I need to grab them, like the cargo area light covers??

Thanks for all the info. Jeff, I'm going yarding on Sunday and will PM you if I don't find them locally. Wife gave me a Sunday yarding pass since I got all the Christmas crap taken down and put away. ; )

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Tail Gate Handle Broke!   Tail Gate Handle Broke! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:29 pm

I have a Dark Maple Red one, and a 91-93 Blue one on hand. $20 shipped (you get the cent the side). They are pretty easy to break. Most of them I have seen are broken or at least cracked.

I am also going to the Tampa LKQ on Sat. Jeffracer, maybe I will run into you. The rear glass was still closed the last time I was there.
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Tail Gate Handle Broke!   Tail Gate Handle Broke! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I am also going to the Tampa LKQ on Sat. Jeffracer, maybe I will run into you. The rear glass was still closed the last time I was there.

So you're the one that got the sail panels and black trim strips before I got there 2 weeks ago?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Tail Gate Handle Broke!   Tail Gate Handle Broke! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 5:42 pm

jeffracer wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

So you're the one that got the sail panels and black trim strips before I got there 2 weeks ago?

The sail panels were gone when I got there, but if they had been there I would have taken the sail panels...the black strips...not so much. Actually, I do not think there were any black trim strips from the git-go. I got some nice interior pieces, and an excellent DS front turn signal. I also was there today, and picked up the tailgate handle. I am headed to the Clearwater and Kenneth city LKQs tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail Gate Handle Broke!   Tail Gate Handle Broke! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tail Gate Handle Broke!
Page 1 of 1