GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagonfest Florida

Go down 
+10
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
brokecello
Nick Danger
rh96ss
Krzdimond
jayoldschool
a1awind
jeffracer
Sprocket
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jeffracer

jeffracer

Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 16MacGregor-531--Love-Bugs
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:53 pm

LMAO!!!!!!

For those of you that live in a more hospitable climate, Love bugs travel in swarms and yes, the DO eat the paint if you leave them on too long (like weeks) just like bird droppings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Love bugs can rot in hell.

I use this special Rain-X wiper fluid that has bug remover in it, it's pink. Works well.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:37 pm

I hope the weathers gonna be good,..

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Nick are you attending?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Nick are you attending?

Yes

nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Awesome. Are you driving down? That's quite a haul.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Stingroo wrote:

No silver bird thurs night,. staying with rh96ss

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:26 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Stingroo wrote:

No silver bird thurs night,. staying with rh96ss

Nick
Excellent! Rob needs help driving all three cars over Smile

Jeff Racer, a few of us wagon guys are staying at the Jameson Inn just on the west side of I-95. We may roll from there or go meet the Impy contingent over by the Holiday Inn.

Chris I know where there is a coin car wash about 15 minutes from the hotel......if I can remember how to get there (used it 2 years ago).
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:00 pm

Aiight then on the carwash! Smile

Well...I am looking forward to seeing you again Nick! Glad you are coming down Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Jeff Racer, a few of us wagon guys are staying at the Jameson Inn just on the west side of I-95. We may roll from there or go meet the Impy contingent over by the Holiday Inn.

Sounds like a plan, what time do I need to be in the parking lot at the Jameson? If I leave Tampa at 5:00 am I would probably be there about 7:45.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:32 pm

Yeah that's my question too. Smile I figure I'd leave around 6 and get there about 7:30 or so. I'll be bringing a friend, and my parents will also be coming, so we're wondering what we're all doing pre-show.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Stingroo wrote:
so we're wondering what we're all doing pre-show.

Primping our rides??

For those of you that have been there before, will there be concession stands available? If not, can we bring a Hibatchi and grill on site? Also, I have 110v and 12v power in the back of my wagon to run both of the fridges, can I run the car occasionally to recharge the battery?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Oh I feel like a big DUMMY. I just looked at my hotel info and it's located two exits NORTH of the speedway. That Changes things by a couple of minutes. I guess. My apologies to anyone I told otherwise, for some reason I thought it was right by the speedway. Zoom out a couple of clicks and you can see the speedway.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&cp=15&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=jameson+inn+daytona&fb=1&gl=us&hq=jameson+inn&hnear=Daytona+International+Speedway,+1801+W+International+Speedway,+Daytona+Beach,+FL+32114&cid=0,0,11260985167723819762&ei=alGJTYX3DM29tge6iZGBDg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQnwIwAQ

It doesn't matter really what time we get there unless we all want to park right next to each other. I think if we pull out of the parking lot at 8:15 - 8:30 AM we will be in fine shape, I know a back way to the entrance to avoid alot of the traffic.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Chamber of Commerce weather for Nick
Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Daytona-beach-1950s-20_10_0_-10_-20_tonemapped

Friday
Mar 25
Mostly sunny and pleasant 79° Lo 56° RealFeel®83° / Lo 54° more
Saturday
Mar 26
Mostly sunny and pleasant 82° Lo 62° RealFeel®86° / Lo 59° more
Sunday
Mar 27
Plenty of sunshine 83° Lo 62° RealFeel®86° / Lo 59° more
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:58 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
For those of you that have been there before, will there be concession stands available? If not, can we bring a Hibatchi and grill on site? Also, I have 110v and 12v power in the back of my wagon to run both of the fridges, can I run the car occasionally to recharge the battery?

Plenty of concessions and Gofasst will have some drinks.

Last edited by rh96ss on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:47 am

I'll bring my own stuff, concessions = $$$$$$.

I was under the impression we were going to try and park together as a group, or at least part of a group. If not that's fine, I just figured it'd be kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:53 am

I think we are parking as a group...we just need to pick a morning meeting time and place right?
Ive never been to this show/place, so I will need someone to follow! lol
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Yes we are parking as a group, we have a club area with a couple of tents and a big Impala flag I think.

THe parade/caravan in leaves from the Holdiay Inn parking lot at 8AM parking lot looks like the pic on the first page of this thread. For those of us at the Jameson, we will need to leave that parking lot by 7:45 to make 'parade/caravan' time.

If you are late I suggest driving around the south side of the track to the east entrance (less traffic) look at google maps and you will see what I mean.
Once you are in through the gate on the east end, you will spill into the infiled around turn 3 . We are closer to turn 4 on the east end on the outside of the fence. and east of the car corral (cars for sale).

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Seating-Maps/Facility-Map.aspx
on the upper left of the picture it says car parking (outside by the logo). That is about where you want to drive in (coming from the right on Midway).

We park right by the orangy/yellow point of the GEICO Caveman campground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Guess that means it's McD's for breakfast and early coffee, then a jaunt to the Holiday Inn. See you guys there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 100_1827

this is the assembly area parking lot. Tim (Impallassdude in the Red shirt) said they are leaving the Holiday Inn at 8Am so either from right in front of the holiday Inn or the parking lot just east of the hotel (as pictured)
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Ok! I'm following you in the morning Sprocket! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:40 pm

Likewise. lol
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:18 am

from Gofasst pres Bob Borchers:

GOFASSTers,

OK folks, it is only three more days until our Spring Daytona Car Show
on March 26th. We are looking forward to another good turn-out and a
great day of B-Body activities.

Tim Shepard will be leading the caravan into the track from the hotel on
Saturday morning at 8AM. Mike Lukens will be our Parking Steward again
this year. Please follow Mike's directions when entering the Car Show
area.

We plan to start registering cars for the car show immediately upon your
getting to the track. We'd like to get started with car show judging
NLT 10:30AM. We won't start selling raffle tickets until after car show
registration ends. We will plan to start award presentations about
2:30PM. We will draw for raffle prize winners following the awards
presentations. We will plan to be completed with all our activities by
about 4PM or so.

We should have the usual hotel parking lot activities on Friday and
again on Saturday night. Lynn and I plan to stay Saturday night and get
out to the track again on Sunday for some looking around. We'll
probably leave for home by 2PM or so on Sunday.

Look forward to seeing in Daytona this weekend.

Bob Borchers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:57 am

Cool. And the caravan is leaving from the Holiday Inn correct?
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:17 am

I guess I'll go straight to the Holiday Inn then, no point in driving north a few miles to come right back south. I probably need to leave Tampa at 4:45am on Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:21 am

Fun stuff. I don't even remember the last time I was on the road that early. Smile.

Wish I didn't have to work Friday... lol
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:07 pm

so It's 9PM and I haven't even looked at my AC since last Friday. Still about a weeks worth of work to go on the wagon, but 1 day to get it done.

Day off tomorrow, so last minute oil change and lube in the AM, 15 minutes of looking at the AC to see if I can get it to fire up, otherwise it's 4-70 air for the ride up there, but it's really only 2 - 70 as the back windows don't roll down, lol.

Still have to put the cladding back on (broken part glued up nicely, and decided to rig the sail panels for the show them pull them off before I drive away as now it's too late to silicone them on unless I get some 3m tape in the morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:36 pm

lol That's so ghetto it's hilarious.

Put sail panel on, show car. Take panel off, drive home.

:p I kid, of course.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 pm

You think YOU have it bad? I still haven't fixed that clearcoat issue and the runs from the emergency clearcoat application are haunting me.

Anyone here well versed on 3M P1500 hookit pads and a DA buffer? I can buff out the scratches and I have the correct paint... just not the talent to apply paint to surface.

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
You think YOU have it bad? ... the runs ... are haunting me.

man no wonder the news is so interesting, they edit everything.......ewww TMI, lmao
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:50 pm

Stingroo wrote:
lol That's so ghetto it's hilarious.

Put sail panel on, show car. Take panel off, drive home.

:p I kid, of course.

I covered my azzz, I painted under the sail panel black too so there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:50 pm

LOL! AHAHAHAHA Oh my god that just made me waste half of a can of soda.

This trip is gonna be great. Smile

Good job on sail panel paint too. :p

I wish i had more time to do another coat of chalkboard for my car... it's kinda messed up in a few small spots. No big deal though. I will have chalk for everyone to sign it and/or draw something as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Stingroo wrote:
LOL! AHAHAHAHA Oh my god that just made me waste half of a can of soda.

This trip is gonna be great. Smile

You don't know the half of what goes on in the hotel parking lot the nights before and after the "fest"

Anyone remember these cute college girls that needed pictures for the school project? Who's wagon was that anyway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:04 pm

I live on a college campus, good sir. I can imagine. Smile
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Now take that mental picture and add a bunch of middle aged guys in "old" station wagons....

Are we doing the micro-beer thing here too as in wagonfest NY?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:06 pm

sure, time to dust off the last case of Billy Beer and bring it with ya

Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Billy2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Also:

The GoFaSSt show is the 'show-within-the-show' right? So you don't have to register for that unless you're in for judging? If you don't, does it change where you park or whatever?
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:36 pm

There's not much shade in the Speedway infield, anyone know if they let you put up an EZ-UP canopy at the show?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:40 pm

I would imagine they would... if nothing else, wagon rear glass and the rumble seat make for great shade. lol
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Just arrived   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:43 pm

Ran by the track but was too late to get my pass.

Looks like the Cougar club is here I love you
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Yes they have a tent, it's a first class operation
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Ran by the track but was too late to get my pass.

Looks like the Cougar club is here I love you

Yes they are!! We have a nice view from our window. Where are you? I just arrived and parked out front. Only saw a white OCC. We need to claim a wagon section! geek

Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 IMG_1894
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest Florida   Wagonfest Florida - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagonfest Florida
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3