GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Special treat for true Car guys

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

Special treat for true Car guys Empty
PostSubject: Special treat for true Car guys   Special treat for true Car guys Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 5:13 pm

during the visit to Steve Plunkett's pre WWII Cadillac Collection, Steve wanted to show me his 1976 Cadillac Mirage that I found for him that he added to his collection. In this video Steve shows us two of his current projects, and then he shows us and talks about the 76 Cadillac Mirage. Lets not forget that the most famous of the 76 cadillac mirage was owned and used by Evil Kinevil.
Enjoy

Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Special treat for true Car guys   Special treat for true Car guys Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:33 pm

I SO need a Caddilamino!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Special treat for true Car guys   Special treat for true Car guys Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Man that Caddy cost me a $20 bet back in 77 or 78.Our local Caddy Olds and Pontiac dealer had 1 on the lot on one of those elevated rotating displays.
One of my high school buddies told us he saw his first cowboy caddilac.I had a 74 El Camino and my first 70 Vette at the time and he described
this Caddy with an El Camino rear half.This guy stayed hammered around the clock so naturally I told him to somber up and then go look at it
again.Well he says I will bet you $20 its there and I took the bet.This was like 8:30PM when we headed over and when we got there,no
cowboy cadillac so I said you owe me $20 as we pulled around back to leave the lot.BAM there it sat in all its almost pearl white splendor.This car
was beautiful and was built to a very high standard.I was surprised at the fit and finish and the wat everything fit together.I paid my $20 and went
home.Went back the next day just to see it in the sunlight as it made quite an impression on me and still does to this day.Seeing that vid brought back some good memories and some bad ones.My buddy that I lost the $20 to took his own life later that year.Left no note and had fought depression all
his short adult life.Strange how memories are so strongly attached to certain events and see the Mirage brought back a bunch.
Take Care All
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Special treat for true Car guys   Special treat for true Car guys Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:53 am

Those are so neat. I will be showing that to my buddy Mitch with the 76 Coupe DeVille at work in the morning!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special treat for true Car guys   Special treat for true Car guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special treat for true Car guys
Page 1 of 1