GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors? Empty
PostSubject: Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?   Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Looking for a can or two of my factory paint color. 74U - compnine calls it Victory Red. Duplicolor doesn't list it on their website, and I found it at automotivetouchup.com but $20 for a can of paint seems a bit ridiculous. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?   Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Rustoleum also does factory matched rattlecans. I'd check their site.
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?   Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:39 pm

I bought a 5 oz spray can of the GM factory touch up paint for my 96 RMW from the local Buick dealer a couple of months ago. I don't remember how much it was but I know they were proud of it. I have not used it yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?   Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Rustoleum only has colors for 97+. I see Victory Red there, but I think they're talking about the Corvette red, as it looks much brighter than mine. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?   Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:58 pm

I bought some code correct paint at Pep Boys and they have a very complete color code chart.I bought the 6ozs
plasti-kote cans for $6 a can.Hope this helps you out a little.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?   Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:58 pm

$6 sure beats the hell out of $20. lol I'll check their site now (pepboys and plasti-kote).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?   Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Personally never had any luck with PepBoys site but did OK when I went into the store with a
little time to go thru the charts and then look thru their inventory.
Let Me Know
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?   Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Im not sure if it matches but the Victory Red used on a 1997 Astro Van is on Rustoleums website, might want to give it a try and see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?   Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerosol Cans of Factory paint colors?
Page 1 of 1