GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad Empty
PostSubject: Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad   Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:11 pm

A JY about an hour away has a really clean caprice dash pad with no cracks. I want to pull it to replace my cracked piece of junk. How do I go about pulling it off? I can't find my FSM or id have consulted that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad   Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:16 pm

I know the dash surround has a few screws that go in from the bottom, and the trim piece above the glovebox just pops off. Beyond that? No idea.

Good luck! I'd love to find a crack free one. I would SEM it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad   Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:54 am

Remove the dash front, the trim over the glovebox, and the A pillar trim. Then there are about 5-7 7mm screws holding the pad to the dash support. There are also 2 in the back of the defroster vent. It should pull toward you about 1 inch and then you can lift it out. When installing it in your car, be careful of the locating pins on the dash support. They are easy to break.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad   Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing TBI Caprice Dash Pad
Page 1 of 1