GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Break warning light

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Break warning light Empty
PostSubject: Break warning light   Break warning light Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:12 am

I just swapped the brake shoes and one rotor on my 92 OCC. Now, when I push the brake pedal hard, the brake warning light comes on, and the bell dings. Sometimes the light does not go out right away. I am not sure what that means. The car still stops, although my 91 feels a lot firmer. Any suggestions before I start throwing parts at it?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Break warning light   Break warning light Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:21 am

Did you bleed the brakes after? Sounds like low pressure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Break warning light   Break warning light Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:41 pm

There is an air bubble somewhere in your system and just find someone with a good ear and legs and bleed it.If you have a pressire bleeder sometimes they work better"SOMETIMES"
Now another brake question,the brakes on my 91 OCC are much more easy to use while the
LT-1 requires a much firmer push.Both systems are air free but there is a noticeable difference
in pedal feel.Anybody else notice a difference between TBI brakes and LT-1 brakes?
Thanks
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Break warning light   Break warning light Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:08 pm

E-brake on? Then check your brake hoses for cracks/leaks and brake fluid level first, then try bleeding the lines. The red brake light comes on when the system "sees" a pressure difference between brake circuits, which our cars (I believe) have 3 of, LF, RF, and rear.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Break warning light   Break warning light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Break warning light
Page 1 of 1