GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gas question. Robert you must know.

Go down 
+2
Krzdimond
lornejay1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lornejay1

lornejay1

Gas question. Robert you must know. Empty
PostSubject: Gas question. Robert you must know.   Gas question. Robert you must know. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:07 pm

I was in my home city today where I spent the first 23 years of life and went to see a friend. He has the last, or at least his dad said it is, caprice to leave the Arlington Plant. He wasn't home but his sister and Dad were glad I stopped and she showed me the car.

It was driven from the dealer to home and has been on blocks in the Garage ever since. I dare say it wouldn't have 100 miles. It is kind of a different greenish blue and looked like it changed in different lite. Grey interior with those marks everywhere like Kevin's wagon It has black walls which surprised me. Eagle tires if I'm not mistaken on Aluminum wheels also like Kevin's.

She was not comfortable with me taking any pics so I didn't push it. She said he would be home Saturday if I wanted to come back he might let me. No chance is my guess if you only knew how unique this family is.

Anyway when I looked at the gauges, his gas tank is on Full. Just how bad do you suppose the gas is 13 plus years later?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Gas question. Robert you must know.   Gas question. Robert you must know. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Completely Garbage!!! Full of varnish and sludge. Most likely has an octane rating somewhere in the teens:shock: Doubtful it will even burn. The "old" non ethanol gas is good for about 90 days if stored in a container. FYI, the new E-10 stuff will start to phase separate in 30 and is worthless in 45.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Gas question. Robert you must know.   Gas question. Robert you must know. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:52 pm

So you don't think the car would start? The dome lite came on I noticed too.Some of these stored car stories are a mechanical nitemare.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Gas question. Robert you must know.   Gas question. Robert you must know. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

IF it did start, it wold run like shit
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Gas question. Robert you must know.   Gas question. Robert you must know. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:23 am

drain the tank and hold your nose too......you will soon discover why it's called fossil fuel

Oh yeah get the vin number too so some of our more educmucated forum gurus can research your budy's claim...
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Gas question. Robert you must know.   Gas question. Robert you must know. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 am

Actually it sounds like a very cool find... sure, it'd need a ton of work to bring online, but it certainly won't be suffering any wear issues!

I'd say you'll be lucky if the gas tank is the only fuel-system related failure that car has. I'm thinking it'll need a good cleaning and flushing. The lines and rails may need to be cleaned somehow (no idea how you'd do that), and the injectors may need to be pulled and cleaned.

I wonder how the engine and trans look? They may need some work as well...
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Gas question. Robert you must know.   Gas question. Robert you must know. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:43 am

My understanding was that the very last Caprice went to the GM Archives 'museum.' Also that the last run of Caprices were white as they were using up the remaining interior parts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Gas question. Robert you must know.   Gas question. Robert you must know. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:07 am

Do you think the tank really is full....if you turned the key "on" would the needle drop to the right level? I don't remember if the Caprice gauges move around after you turn the key "off". Just a thought. Man I would love to see a pic of it too! Very cool.

But NASTY if that gas is really inside.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas question. Robert you must know.   Gas question. Robert you must know. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas question. Robert you must know.
Page 1 of 1