GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Regal GS Steering wheel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Regal GS Steering wheel Empty
PostSubject: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:04 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Steering-Wheel-Center-Button-93-96-Buick-Regal-OEM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aab1f4bb6QQitemZ320698534838QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I've been looking for one like this in dark red for my Roadmaster. I think these are sharp, still look somewhat modern, and will replace the stupid half leather-half plastic stock wheel. All the ones I see at the yards are shot from the Texas sun. Please be on the lookout folks!

Also, these came on the 89-90 LeSabre (boxy model) with the Gran Touring Suspension option. Rare as hens teeth though. The LeSabre models used our older-style GM round steering columns so the base is round, not square. This would be IDEAL....but again, real needle in a haystack now.

I do like the 80's Grand National wheels and the Reatta wheels, but this just looks a little more modern with the solid leather curved spokes.

Please keep your eyes peeled when yarding! Thanks!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:10 pm

Mike I have seen these before but didnt mention it because I figured that they were not sporty
enough for you.I will be on lookout from now on though.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike I have seen these before but didnt mention it because I figured that they were not sporty
enough for you.I will be on lookout from now on though.
Take Care
Jim Gordon

I love these, especially compared to the stock wheel, which I think is cheap looking and ugly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:12 am

If you find one, I bet my dad would be interested in your stock wheel.

Food for thought.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 am

i love the buttons on mommy's fancy ford wheel,..
here's a buick one,.

Regal GS Steering wheel 8030870007_large

Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:28 am

Weird wheel Nick, all the power toys but no leather?? FAIL! Smile

Is the turn signal stock red?? That's different!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 am

Hey Mike my old 93 Regal had that steering wheel and yes it too had the red cruise,wiper and
turn signal control.Would this type of steering wheel be suitable for your wagon?
Let me know
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:53 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Hey Mike my old 93 Regal had that steering wheel and yes it too had the red cruise,wiper and
turn signal control.Would this type of steering wheel be suitable for your wagon?
Let me know
Jim Gordon

Nope! Smile

Leather 3-spoke Regal GS or 89-90 LeSabre with Gran Touring Susp, with the curved leather spokes.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/ I had this place recover the wheel on my 89 Custom Cruiser and they did a great job. If I can find a good red Regal GS core I'll send it in and have it re-done.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:11 am

I saw an ad from Craftcustoms from down in texas.They do steering wheels,dashboards and
seats.Their site is great with lots of pics of their work.Not cheap but impressive work on steering wheels.Think from Austin,look them up Mike!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 am

Will do and thanks for the heads-up!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 10:17 am

http://www.craftcustoms.com/ - They're up just east of Dallas as well.

We get screwed in little 'ol Austin. I have to go to Dallas, Houston, or San Antonio for struff like this.....but the folks in the "big" cities are jealous of our hills and music!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:42 am

Mike you have the technology to make that steering wheel the correct color.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:44 am

Mike there are some red leather buick wheels on ebay rite now.Go check them out.I put the ones I found on my watch list and if I can find them I know you can.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 2:24 pm

silverfox103 wrote:

Tom C.

True, but I think I'd rather get a cheap wheel recovered than spend $150 and have the wrong color to start with.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 2:40 pm

81X11 wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:

Tom C.

True, but I think I'd rather get a cheap wheel recovered than spend $150 and have the wrong color to start with.

Can send your wheel or a sample to Vinyl Pro and he will computer match it Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
81X11 wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:

Tom C.

Can send your wheel or a sample to Vinyl Pro and he will computer match it Wink

My SEM'd door panels so far still look great but not sure how that stuff would hold up on a leather-covered wheel....between sweaty hands and the Texas sun I think I'll try to have a salvage yard one recovered in red leather.

Those folks up in Dallas did nice work. This wheel was all rotten on the top and they did a total recover for me.

Regal GS Steering wheel OldsSteeringWheel002

Lucked out on a good used original wheel for my '92 OCC. Came from California and the leather was nearly perfect.
Regal GS Steering wheel 442Wheel004

Last edited by 81X11 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:43 pm

81X11 wrote:
silverfox103 wrote:

Tom C.

See above buick wheel with padded leather added,.proper color coded turn signal stalk and shifter,.

Nick
Oh and as an aside my 4yr old ruby red sem paint on the interior of the black car has faded badly as has the carpet and console,.it doesn't stand up well to uv rays,. and the car has tinted windows,.
yrmv
nweoi
pdcc
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 4:53 pm

phantom 309 wrote:

Oh and as an aside my 4yr old ruby red sem paint on the interior of the black car has faded badly as has the carpet and console,.it doesn't stand up well to uv rays,. and the car has tinted windows,.

Yeah that scares me on my Roady door panels. At least it's just the lower panels that needed to be re-done, and the inside handle trim is mostly in the shade.

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:03 pm

phantom 309 wrote:

I remember you showing me your seats at the fall roundup. Did you clearcoat them?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:

I remember you showing me your seats at the fall roundup. Did you clearcoat them?

no
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqZQdU9qri8&playnext=1&list=PL6B99B1D639EC4B87

See 2:35 in the vid for a good view of the steering wheel I want for my Roady. PLEASE be on the lookout during your salvage yarding gang!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regal GS Steering wheel   Regal GS Steering wheel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regal GS Steering wheel
Page 1 of 1