GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker Empty
PostSubject: considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker   considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 3:28 pm

I had a deal with the guy who painted my Turbo Regal. He was to purchase my 98 riviera in exchange for cash plus a paint job on the 95 black WB4 wagon. I left the wagon with him while I got posted and deployed, and he screwed me over. Although we had a contract, he never painted the car or paid for the Riv. That part isn't so bad, since I never gave him the title I just kept the riv. However he left the Wagon to rust outside for a year. And rust it did, even though I had it rustproofed. After spending time redoing some of the lines, I still have to take it to a local "old-school" body guy to get a hole at the seam of the windshield fixed, as well as a hole in the passenger rocker. The estimate is $600, which includes painting the roof up to the vista glass. The PS lines need to bee changed as it has a leak I can't pinpoint. Basically, this whole screw-over has turned me off the wagon in a big way. I no longer enjoy working on it, it really just pisses me off. Combine that with the fact that my fiancée and I have 6 cars and I see this as one of the cars that should go.

I'm now debating whether I should fix it up and sell it whole or just part it out. Obviously the latter involves much more work. However the target market for souped up wagons is admittedly very limited. This is especially true considering most people here have an aversion for rust, not to mention they have one or more wagons and are notorious "bargain hunters".

Nevertheless, here are the details.

1995 Black WB4 with red base cloth interior. 185000 km (115500 mi).

383 stroker. Have receipts, professionally built by rocky mountain motorsports in Colorado. approx 5000 miles
LE2 heads/intake w/ beehive valvesprings. Approx 1000 miles.
LE 228/235 .560/.560 109 LSA cam. Approx 1000 mi
comp pro-magnum 1.6 SA rockers. Approx 1000 mi.
36pph injectors
pcmperformance 91 oct tune
58mm AS&M TB w/ dual SSRI type intake
Vigilante 2800. New, still warrantied
CPT (Shane) lvl 3 trans, still warrantied.
3.73 gears
eaton posi
3.5" aluminium driveshaft
Hotchkis springs
airlift 1000 bags in the back
bilstein shocks
Hellwig front & 1.5" rear swaybars
UMI LCAs
coated 409SS tri-y headers
pypes X-pipe
dynomax ultraflo SS mufflers.

Every front end piece has been replaced, and I replaced all the lower body bushings with the pink/green "Mueller" bushings.

Other stuff:

OZ Nova wheels. Correct 5x5 bolt pattern, 10" wide rears w/ 285/40R18, 8" wide fronts with 245/45R18
SLP dominator hood, brand new.

If I could get $10k for it whole (sans the dominator hood and OZ wheels), I'd just take the loss and move on. Less than the cost of the parts. However I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to have to take a page from the book of Grumpy and part it out.

I'm actually soliciting opinions, so let me know what you think. If you are interested in the wagon let me know.

Last edited by jasonlachapelle on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker   considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Sounds like parting it out would be the better choice for you money wise. $10,000 for a high mileage wagon with a few rust issues seem like too much positive thinking to me, even with the go fast stuff. I for one would love a car like yours, (other than the rust) all the go fast stuff in the right package, but I'm broke. If you have the time, part it out, put the wagon back to stock, or close to it, sell it for $2,500 to maybe $4,500, then sell the go fast stuff on the forums/eBay. Time is money, but I have yet to find someone willing to pay for free time. Sorry to here about your wagons current condition, rust is frustrating. Good luck.

Mike
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker   considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 3:58 pm

Sell it to me after you take all the parts off. I have a spare engine/trans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker   considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Wow another set of OZ Nova's.Mike are your Novas all 18x8?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker   considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:24 pm

$10k is way out of my price range especially with the rust. But if that car were stock it'd really make me think.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker   considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:10 pm

or find yourself a texas mike wagon with no rust and swap everything over (still a ton of work, but hey, it'd be like a new car and where are you going to find one of those so cheap)

just giving you another option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker   considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

considering selling my Black WB4 w/ stroker
Page 1 of 1