GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Official wagonfest beer swap info

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

Official wagonfest beer swap info Empty
PostSubject: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:33 am

OK folks here the deal on the Wagonfest 2011 Beer Swap.

First the legal stuff.

The drinking age in New York State is 21 years old, therefore you must be at least 21 to participate in the beer swap.

It is illegal to sell, give away, distribute or otherwise dispense or provide alcohol in any form or percentage of content to anyone under the age of 21 years old. Any transgression of that point, whether you agree with it or not, is breaking the law, and could lead to prosecution under applicable state laws.

A group beer permit is required for consumption, and will be purchased for our group.
Remember you are driving later, please minimize your on-site consumption. Others (like me) will be held legally accountable for your actions.

The fun stuff.

1) It will take place in the lodge. (by the fireplace?)

2)If you are participating, the process is if you leave one, you can take one from the same person.
It's not a free beer give-a-way, it's a one for one swap. You can swap as many as you bring.

3) Signage will be provided, two signs Leave Here and Take Here

4) If you are participating, consider having a box or container available for that which is being left for you, so it doesn't roll off, fall or otherwise break. It's one less beer you'll be able to enjoy at a later time.

5 ) Since beers like Budweiser and Millers can be purchased nationwide, there is no need to bring them for swapping. The emphasis is on small micro-brewed, hand crafted or regional beers, that are unique to your city or areas of the country you are from, which the rest of us are unlikely to ever find available at home.

6) ENJOY the fruits of the harvest.

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Are we listing what we're bringing here?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:14 pm

GO FOR IT ! I'll start.

I'll be bringing a 12 pack samplers from J.W Dundee (Genesee Brewery) and Rohrbach Brewing Company, both of Rochester NY!

http://www.dundeebeer.com/

http://rohrbachs.com/default.asp
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:16 pm

lakeffect wrote:
GO FOR IT ! I'll start.

I'll be bringing a 12 pack samplers from J.W Dundee (Genesee Brewery) and Rohrbach Brewing Company, both of Rochester NY!

http://www.dundeebeer.com/

http://rohrbachs.com/default.asp

Yum!

I'll be bringing Paper City PC Blue Lager (Blueberry Summer Lager)

http://www.papercity.com/index.php

That is if I still can make it....
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:27 am

edit: no longer attending WF

Last edited by jasonlachapelle on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:23 am

We got any more beer swappers participating?

Please post up so I have an idea of how many signs to make .
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:02 pm

I will be bringing at least some Tuckerman pale Ale. (Brewed in North Conway NH)

I will also be bringing some of my Abby Ale. Can't really trade as it's in double size bottles. But we can have a "tasting" if that's allowed in the rules. Or I suppose we can do a twofer.

I assume there is no point getting Smuttynose or Red Hook as they are available everywhere.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:05 pm

Feel free to bring whatever you'd like.

Can't say I've ever seen Smuttynose or Red Hook here in Rochester.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Doug F is likely going to bring some microbrews from the Syracuse area.

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:26 am

The Artwork for beer swap signs has been created.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official wagonfest beer swap info   Official wagonfest beer swap info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official wagonfest beer swap info
Page 1 of 1