GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

removed air bags for springs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lornejay1

lornejay1

removed air bags for springs Empty
PostSubject: removed air bags for springs    removed air bags for springs Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:25 pm

These are what my wagon was riding on in the back I had them removed yesterday.

removed air bags for springs Wagonwheels062

They were way too bouncy and I always feared if I had a line come off I was stranded.

So I now have Impala SS springs with air bags inside them.

I feel like I have a new car,and it sits fine without any air at all.

removed air bags for springs Wagonwheels060
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: removed air bags for springs    removed air bags for springs Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:27 pm

NICE! Glad to see you are really playing with the toys again. I still want to put a set of variable-rate rear springs on mine. On the to-do list!

LORD I want chrome Impala wheels. SO SHARP!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: removed air bags for springs    removed air bags for springs Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 pm

Lorne...... be sure to keep a 5 psi. in those bags. According to airlift they may fail without it. Looks nice!! I put a compressor and auto switch set at 5 psi.. Max is 35 psi...........

Tim
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: removed air bags for springs    removed air bags for springs Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 am

Lorne:

Will take the ugly air bags off your hands. Will even pay shipping.

Seriously though, they have an internal bump stop in them incase of blowout. Would love to have them on the Caddy with some good conventional shocks. Two years on a set of AC Delco airshocks and their done. Need the air for towing and those are the good ones. The cheapy ones (inside the spring) just won't cut it. Blew two sets of them. If your running any load at all, make sure you don't exceed 75lbs. Any decent bump will push them over their rated 100PSI, and always keep at least 5 lbs. in them. Got my money back but had to re-install the airshocks.

Let me know.

Bill
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: removed air bags for springs    removed air bags for springs Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:26 am

Already have a pm into him about the bags
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: removed air bags for springs    removed air bags for springs Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Sorry Bill,as I told Tim Daddyswagon over on ISSF spoke for them months ago so they are his.

The bags I now have are out of my Suburban.

removed air bags for springs Wagonwheels064

same pump in my wagon left rear.

removed air bags for springs Buick021

removed air bags for springs Buick022

I know about the min lbs required but the weak spot is the connections on the bags. They need pressure on them to be guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: removed air bags for springs    removed air bags for springs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

removed air bags for springs
Page 1 of 1