GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

satellite radio

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
94X2

94X2

satellite radio Empty
PostSubject: satellite radio   satellite radio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Anyone here listen to sirius/xm? I'm thinking of getting this since I spend so much time in the car. I'm bored with all my cd's, talk radio is ok unless the current crisis lasts more than one day, and channel surfing the radio has gotten old. I just wondered if those that have satellite radio think it's worth it? Does it have enough variety? Opinions welcome Exclamation

Jon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

satellite radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: satellite radio   satellite radio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:20 pm

My father has it in his truck, its awesome. He got a basic package and it still has like 100 channels. Always something good on. I also had it in a rental car last year. Loved it. My favorite channel is Classic Rewind or 80's on 8.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

satellite radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: satellite radio   satellite radio Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:28 pm

I have had Sirius for about 3 years now and haven't listened to terrestrial radio since.

I lean more towards the classic rewind, Road dog trucking radio, Classic vinyl, and Blue collar radio.

NEVER a dull moment when driving all day.

A word about programming, when I drive, I drive until either I get to where I am going, or someone tells me to stop, and satellite radio will start to repeat material after a while ( I think it's on an 8-10 hour loop)

Go to www.siriusxm.com and check out the lineup. XM is more sports/talk and sirius is more music/shows (comedy, Howard Stern, Old time radio, etc)
Back to top Go down

satellite radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: satellite radio   satellite radio Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:19 am

My brother has it in his Ram dually and his Volvo tractor and he absolutely loves it.Wont go anywhere without it in the vehicle.
Jim
Back to top Go down
68GS400

68GS400

satellite radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: satellite radio   satellite radio Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:16 pm

I bought it for wife's car in 05; then Kenwood unit for my CVPI in 06 for HRPT trip; portable unit bought for my boat, home, pickup and 68GS400 convertible use. Moved Kenwood unit to Buick Wagon this year. Obviously I love the variety in programs and special event coverage.
Sound clarity is great...NO COMMERCIALS is best thing. On music channels you never hear any. Road Dog and some of the upper channels still have them.
Listen to 60's music in AM, maybe some classical idday, country mid afternoon, and old ez listening on way home...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

satellite radio Empty
PostSubject: Re: satellite radio   satellite radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

satellite radio
Page 1 of 1