GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looks like I'm out

Go down 
+3
brokecello
stockfornow
convert2diesel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
convert2diesel

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:35 am

Courtesy of Homeland security and the Ontario Government, it would appear that they are not going to let Carol and me across the border. Thought we had applied for our new ID (passport expired) with more then enough time to spare (we did it 8 weeks ago) but a backlog has backed everything up. Called today and it hasn't even been processed yet! Tried to get across into NY last week with my current ID and was turned back so without this new enhanced drivers license it looks like I'm out of luck.

If anyone needs a campsite there is now one available at Sampson State Park (about 20 min. south of Freds). If I get my ID in time, may come down for the day on Saturday. You guys have fun and take lots of pictures

Bill
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 9:50 am

Bill,
Sorry to hear that man. Was looking forward to seeing the diesel wagon as I missed it last year. I know they are trying to make it safer for everyone but sometimes I just don't get it....
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:39 am

Man...I was hoping to meet you in person this year Sad I am still holding out hope, but sorry it worked out this way.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
buickestate
buickestate

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Bill they've given you a BS song and dance, I applied for my passport on june 26th, and it arrived here this past monday! And I did not need to pull any strings at the Lester B Pearson building this time.....
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:31 pm

That sucks! Sad

Sounds like you may need Pat to "not do anything at all" for you, too! Wink
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:53 pm

Sorry to hear Bill. Always enjoy seeing ya at WF. Maybe it'll show up just in time!

buickestate wrote:
Bill they've given you a BS song and dance, I applied for my passport on june 26th, and it arrived here this past monday! And I did not need to pull any strings at the Lester B Pearson building this time.....
So, you'll be here tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
convert2diesel

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:51 pm

buickestate wrote:

My passport has been expired for over 5 years, and with the new guarantor, reference thing in place, figured it would be faster to go the "Enhanced Drivers License" route. Was supposed to be only 3 weeks. That was 7 weeks ago confused Guess I leaped the wrong way.

The locomotive is in serious need of a new set of shoes and fan thermostat $$$$. So if I do make it will probably be in the Caddy, but don't worry, I'll hide it affraid .

Just spend the day looking at your cars.

Bill
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Bill are you not due for a visit in this part of the province? the tail gate in my white wagon has stopped dropping down again and will only swing open....
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:21 am

buickestate wrote:
Bill are you not due for a visit in this part of the province? the tail gate in my white wagon has stopped dropping down again and will only swing open....

Pat:

Learn to close the gate with some enthusiasm. You might also check the plastic guide clips on the cross rods going to the upper latches. If the rod drops out of the clips then that will also cause the same symptoms.

Hope to be in Cambridge middle of August. Talk nice and I'll throw a burger down your throat and spend some time talking about Canadian bureaucrats jocolor Have fun this weekend and tell Fred we are hoping to get down there in early September for a week in Watson's Glen: all assuming we can get across the border. Have sent in the application for our passports so we'll see.

Take lots of pictures. Say hello for me to all the people there and don't let Crovo compete with the preacher (highlight of last years dinner)..... and help Fred and company!

Bill
Back to top Go down
Big Pimpin'

Big Pimpin'

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm

Well Bill, we may be in the same boat I'm afraid. My wife is still waiting for her Enhanced License.

We both tried to apply back in May. I had no problems and got mine 2 weeks later. But because my wife didn't have her marriage license with her she was turned away. So we went home (50 miles away) and looked for our marriage license and booked another appointment for the next week. This time they tell us it has to be a "Certified" Marriage License. So then we had to spend another $22 to apply for a certified license from the same friggin' place that we were getting our new licenses from.

So 2 weeks later we receive our precious certified marriage license and book yet another appointment. So we jump in the car and make yet another 100 mile round trip. This time they say "okay no problem" but now they are backlogged and it could take up to 6 weeks to get it.

That was 4 weeks ago. So it doesn't look very promising right now. Angela is just heart broken that she may not be able to go, and I don't know that I want to leave her at home. So I just want to say a big thank you to the Ontario provincial government for a job well done.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:22 pm

Derek:

Our two stories could have been written by the same author. Only difference was Carol had to get the marriage license from New Brunswick and we only had to drive into Ottawa (about 20 miles). We applied during the first week of June, Carol two weeks later. Niether have shown up.

It is more then likely that our passports will show up before this silly enhanced drivers license. To add insult to injury, I now have to go in to get my "temporary drivers license" renewed!!!! With all this BS over a form of ID does this mean I won't know who I am anymore?

To all who make it, have a great weekend and we will see you at WF10.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Looks like I'm out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like I'm out   Looks like I'm out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks like I'm out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Event Central :: WagonFest Archive-
Jump to: