HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

End of Summer down to one sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
convert2diesel

PostSubject: End of Summer down to one sale   Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Well guys, priorities do change. These cars aren't getting older, the owners are.

Intended to take Jayoldschool's old daily and mix and match to breath new life into brother Gords daily. Well health issues and project allocation have written paid on that idea. Thus both now must go. Just bought Gord an 01 Subby for his daily and once the wagons go, it will be down to one Caddy.

So for sale:

1 1991 Roadmaster Woodie, originally a Florida car, L03, towpack blue/tan guts.

The good:

Bones on this car are still solid with virtually no rust on the body. Everything works including AC. New tires (less than 5K). Chassis is still solid but has some surface rust. Car was oiled every year except 2011. From what I can see, there has never been a hitch installed. 3.23 posi rears (suprise they still work). No rattles or bangs.

The bad:

Interior is trashed. 1/4 million miles as a daily driver has taken its toll. Drivers window switches work if you play with them. Window tint is bad etc. etc. L03 and tranny are showing their age but still gets 28 MPG (big gallon), 23.5 MPG (girlie gallons) on the highway. Window rollers bad on rear passenger side. Paint has seen better days as has the wood. Few minor fix ups (oil cooler lines, exhaust leak, tune up, etc.) to make it reliable.

Conclusion: Would drive it anywhere in NA but would be embarassed to be seen in it.

1 1993 Roadmaster Woodie, always lived in the salt and shows it, L05 and peg leg 2.93 rears. Grey/ruby red guts.

The good:

Interior is perfect. Jay is very particular about his cars. The seats are going into his new car (matching cloth seats are included in good condition) but the rest is complete. Has the wierd windshield (gold tint) and factory tint on all glass. L05 starts and runs fine as does the tranny. Drove it home (about 30 miles) from Jays and it didn't skip a beat. Has about 1/2 the miles on it than the 91 (225,000 kilometers, 140,000 miles). Better engine and tranny to put into the 91. Everyting works except HVAC (fan control) and radio (missing). Bunch of new front end and front brake parts. New rad.

The bad:

This is a rust bucket. Any thought of restoring this would be futile. The salt has taken its toll on both the body and the frame. Hood is missing (on its way to Winnipeg to be exchanged for a Suncaost hood for Jay). Will supply a "Red Green" duct tape and blue tarp hood (with optional speed density power bulge) for transport. No brakes (well the fronts sort of work, rears leak)

Conclusion: This is purely a parts car with lots of good stuff in it in a transportable package.

Want $1,000.00 for both and will help arranging shipping/export if need be. The 91 will make it anywhere you want to take it but the 93 should be trailered unless your real brave. Bunch more pictures, including upskirt shots of the 91 at:

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/convert2diesel/Gords%20Buick/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

PM me for email and phone numbers.

Bill

Last edited by convert2diesel on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: End of Summer down to one sale   Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Wow Bill... That's a Hell of a deal! GLWS!
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: End of Summer down to one sale   Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:41 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Wow Bill... That's a Hell of a deal! GLWS!

Local guys here are offering $350 to $400 each to send them off to the crusher. Would really be a shame to see the 91 turned into a bunch of Hontoyissans and the bits in the 93 are worth alot. Only asking for crusher rates plus the new tires.

This would be a viable project for someone up here in the rust belt. Not perfect, but a good daily could be made of the two cars.

Bill
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: End of Summer down to one sale   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Last chance guys. If no interest before the weekend, going to strip the interior out of the 93 and call the wrecker. To be seen in your next refrigerator or Hontoyissan.

Its a shame but they are taking up needed space in the driveway.

Bill
Back to top Go down
rimsvet

PostSubject: Re: End of Summer down to one sale   Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:06 am

Good luck with your 2 for 1 sale. Wish I was closer. If they don't sell and are willing to part them out for some extra cash, let me know. I have a 96 RMW. I live in PA (18014) and this is my parts list if your interested.
1. Stainless trim pieces (only want them if they are perfect with no dents) for both rear quarters and both rear corner wrap around pieces and any unbroken mounting clips you can salvage
2. Three piece front spoiler
3. Not sure what its called but inside the front bumper on the driverside plastic piece that the spoiler bolts to.
4. The chrome and black rubber front bumper wrap-around moulding (only if its not scrapped or dented up)
5. All the remaining black rubber mouldings
6. Rear quarter roadmaster emblem
7. 2 Roof rack hand screws
8. If its a tan interior I’m looking for the rollup cargo shade cover for the back.
9. Power antenna mast. my motor works but the mast is broken. maybe willing to take the whole unit.
10. Exterior plastic sail panels that go between the front and back doors, don’t care about colors.
11. Tan floor mats
12 Rear wiper motor
13 Green box, Courtesy panel under the dash
14 chrome plastic power seat and lumbar switch covers
Thanks,
Bryan
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: End of Summer down to one sale   Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:31 am

Coming up north to check out these ride in hopes to have another solid wagon. See you next week Bill. And then if everything goes right I will transform this baby into somehting saweeeeet!
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: End of Summer down to one sale   Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:43 am

Well the 93 has gone to the great highway in the sky. Treated Jay well for many years but the rust got it finally. Probably being turned into toasters as we speak.

That still leaves the 91. With the snow coming, therse just too many vehicles in the driveway for the plow to get around. The Caddy is finally back on the road and brother Gord has bought a Subaru (must be infectous). The 91 is now excess to our needs but it would be a shame to let it meet the same fate as the 93.

This is truly a rust free car, and up here that says a lot. Yes it needs work but it should pass a safety check with some exhaust work (leaks at the back of the cat) and the ABS is non-functional (siezed pump). Up here in Ontario, the Etest should be still current (last January) and as long as you pull the ABS light, it will pass the safety.

Wouldn't hesitate to drive this to anywhere in NA as is (oil cooler is now by-passed...needs lines) but it is far from good shape. It does need work.

Anyways, this is truly the last chance. First 500 bucks takes it.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Bewber

PostSubject: Re: End of Summer down to one sale   Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:21 pm

That's a steal. Too bad you're 9 hours away as this is pretty close to what I'm looking for in terms of my next blank canvas.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: End of Summer down to one sale   Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Meet him in Toronto!
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: End of Summer down to one sale   Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:00 pm

Or Syracuse. Need an excuse to go to Camping World for a trailer cover and Harbour Freight just because I want to.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of Summer down to one sale   

Back to top Go down

End of Summer down to one sale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1