GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

no power to fuel pump

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tailpipe

tailpipe

no power to fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: no power to fuel pump   no power to fuel pump Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 5:32 pm

OK guys I'm trying to get the ratmaster up and going for woodward tonight but I'm having fuel pump issues I replaced the old fuel pump last week becuase the old one was just worn out hard starting and hot weather stumble. The car ran for about 15 mins after replacement then just died now I have no power going to the pump checked the fuse and the relay up front all seem to be good kinda stumped now any thoughts would be helpfull

thanks
Paul
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: no power to fuel pump   no power to fuel pump Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Check for running of pump. Should be able to hear the relay click out after about five seconds while in the driver's seat.

Check the harness under the car below the left rear tailight. There are three wires, power to pump, fuel gauge and ground. Disconnect, and check the body side of the harness for 12volts. Key on, should have it there for about five seconds before the ECM senses no ignition pulse and turns it of.

If you have a spare battery, you can run power and ground on the pump side of the harness going over the tank to the pump. Should be able to hear it whirl around. If you hear splashing then it's another case of that dumb ass little hose either popping off or bursting. Get about 14' of Reinforced fuel line , curl it in a loop from pump to receiver tube in top plate. No more pump issues.

Last edited by lakeffect on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tailpipe

tailpipe

PostSubject: Re: no power to fuel pump   no power to fuel pump Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:48 pm

found it.. the wire at the plug in the harness from the car to the pump had a probe hole in it and the wire had corroded to nothing inside just luck i found it then broke one of the sender lines so after i fixed that and put it all together now the gas guage didn't work so out the tank came again was just the clip on the float arm lol i'm getting good at taking this tank out did it in 10 mins last time lol just packing up and headed to woodward will be at the saranay hotel on woodward stop in and sat hi if anyone is on the dream cruise...

thanks
paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no power to fuel pump   no power to fuel pump Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

no power to fuel pump
Page 1 of 1