HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Shop tour and local Antique Auto Assoc. of Gettysburg car show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Shop tour and local Antique Auto Assoc. of Gettysburg car show   Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:12 pm

What a treat. My Pastors father has a wonderful car collection and belt run machine shot that he has restored several cars in over the years. His cars start with a 1908 and go up to 2000. Most of which have been totally restored on premises.

Sears and Roebuck car.

Engine to be restored

His first restoration from 60 years ago. I think it is in the teens.

This cars flywheel weighed was most of the weight of the car.

1920 Federal Motor Truck

Several Buggies

[IMG]http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif[/IMG}

A 2000 Corvette that my daughter missed a picture of. Now that was a pretty good idea of his cars. Then there was he clubs cars that came out to celebrate his 80th birthday.

Several cars came and went while were were there. Total about 45 cars from the club, so we took very few pictures. But enjoy what we did get.

Back to top Go down
95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Shop tour and local Antique Auto Assoc. of Gettysburg car show   Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:29 pm

That's a cool collection there. I never knew Sears made a car!
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Shop tour and local Antique Auto Assoc. of Gettysburg car show   Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:46 am

That white Grand Prix is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Shop tour and local Antique Auto Assoc. of Gettysburg car show   Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:57 am

Those King Midgets are something else. I met a guy last year that was the only original owner left in the country, and he shared a ton of info about them with me.

I guess they were only available by ordering one from the back of a popular science magazine, or something like that. He took the bus to Indiana to pick his up brand new and drove it home right from the factory. He drove his over 100,000 miles on the original drivetrain before pro-streeting it with a crotch rocket motor.

Here's a pic of how big they aren't.

Can you imagine driving that go cart for over 100k miles??!!

Neat thread and pix Tim!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Shop tour and local Antique Auto Assoc. of Gettysburg car show   Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:47 am

Nice pics Tim, thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shop tour and local Antique Auto Assoc. of Gettysburg car show   

Back to top Go down

Shop tour and local Antique Auto Assoc. of Gettysburg car show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1