GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wiring Diagrams Needed

Go down 
+2
Cadet57
94 LT1 Wagon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
94 LT1 Wagon

94 LT1 Wagon

Wiring Diagrams Needed Empty
PostSubject: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Hey guys, I need some help. I was wondering if anyone has the diagrams from a 91 and 92 gauge clusters ? The 92 has a tach, Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:38 pm

I have them all on my computer. I'll upload and post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 1:45 pm

Civi Caprice:

Wiring Diagrams Needed CiviTBIcaprice

9c1 left side connector:

[img]Wiring Diagrams Needed TBI9c1LEFT[/img]

9c1 right side:

[img]Wiring Diagrams Needed TBI9c1RIGHT[/img]

Olds Custom Cruiser diagram (left-right, just like the 9c1):

Wiring Diagrams Needed OCC-Cluster

Sorry, no info on the Roadmaster cluster.

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Beat me to it Sting lol
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Beat me to it Sting lol

What do you need wiring diagrams for.....................................................
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:14 pm

rh96ss wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Beat me to it Sting lol

What do you need wiring diagrams for.....................................................

I don't... I have them and would have posted them if he didn't confused
Back to top Go down
94 LT1 Wagon

94 LT1 Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:12 pm

rh96ss wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Beat me to it Sting lol

A friend of mine has a 91 w/o the tach and has a cluster from a 92 with it and there's a couple of wires that I need to identify. Thanks so much !
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:15 pm

94 LT1 Wagon wrote:
rh96ss wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Beat me to it Sting lol

A friend of mine has a 91 w/o the tach and has a cluster from a 92 with it and there's a couple of wires that I need to identify. Thanks so much !

If you figure it out could you do a how to? You'd be my hero. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 9:16 pm

The Roadmaster cluster is electronically identical to the OCC.
Back to top Go down
94 LT1 Wagon

94 LT1 Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:09 pm

This is a cluster swap from a 92 Caprice to a 91 Caprice. He just likes the cluster from the 92 because of the tach.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:

The pin outs on the plugs are not the same. So one could not just use an OCC cluster in place of a RM one.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

The pin outs on the plugs are not the same. So one could not just use an OCC cluster in place of a RM one.

I beg to differ with you, but I have used both in my OCC on occasion for troubleshooting, and I have repaired my OCC cluster with the circuit board from an RM cluster. They both worked exactly the same. You may have to add a light or two to the RMS cluster for the wagon, but other than that they both are identical electrically and mechanically.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

I beg to differ with you, but I have used both in my OCC on occasion for troubleshooting, and I have repaired my OCC cluster with the circuit board from an RM cluster. They both worked exactly the same. You may have to add a light or two to the RMS cluster for the wagon, but other than that they both are identical electrically and mechanically.

I'm sorry, but i'm reading the pinouts now. The OCC and RM are similar but are NOT 100% the same. The circuit boards and electronics may be the same but the pinouts on the harness are NOT 100% exact.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:00 pm

I took the cluster apart in my OCC and GM did design it for both RM and OCC. Each lamp socket is actually labeled what it does depending on which car your putting it in, pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:43 pm

95BRMW wrote:
I took the cluster apart in my OCC and GM did design it for both RM and OCC. Each lamp socket is actually labeled what it does depending on which car your putting it in, pretty neat.

That would explain any wiring differences. The RMS, RMW, and OCC will work in any combination with minor lighting changes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Thats good to know finally.
JG
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:18 pm

That's REALLY good to know, actually.

Means you have three types of cars to choose from when searching for components. Sweet.

Now if only I could figure out how to actually do the swap....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:45 pm

Stingroo wrote:

a journey of a thousand miles, begins with just 1 step,.
1-8-4-3-..........

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:29 am

Sigh. lol
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:19 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Stingroo wrote:

a journey of a thousand miles, begins with just 1 step,.
1-8-4-3-..........

Nick

Clockwize
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wiring Diagrams Needed   Wiring Diagrams Needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wiring Diagrams Needed
Page 1 of 1