GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Texas

Go down 
+2
BigBlackBeaSSt
88vmax
6 posters
AuthorMessage
88vmax

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:28 pm

I just picked up a 95 rmw in Center Point TX last month & been watching this board since.

So far a pretty clean stock car.

Just had the windows tinted, putting KYB's on frt tomorrow & looking for 17" wheels.

I'm Clint from Joshua Texas
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Need some pictures........ welcome......... (in that order Very Happy )
Back to top Go down

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Welcome Clint from Texas and you have found the right place to be if you own 1 of these wagons!
Jim
Back to top Go down

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:52 pm

Oh and if thats what you ride,a Yamaha Vmax thats an awesome scooter.First time I rode one was in 84 and that was the first bike that would break the rear wheel loose by just whacking
open the gas in first gear.No need to clutch first and dump it,just hit it hard.Always wished that
Yamaha had put that exact engine with the same tune in a sport touring bike!
Jim
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're all ready with the mods. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
88vmax

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Yes I do have an 88 VMAX & I love it. I've put 90,000 miles on it so far. Who needs a touring bike? :0)

I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how, Thanks for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:49 am

88vmax wrote:
Yes I do have an 88 VMAX & I love it. I've put 90,000 miles on it so far.
V-max is a great bike,.
i,d like to ride this one,.

Hello from Texas 1124986000

Nick
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:36 am

88vmax wrote:
Yes I do have an 88 VMAX & I love it. I've put 90,000 miles on it so far. Who needs a touring bike? :0)

I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how, Thanks for the welcome.

Hope this will help. Smile
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t55-read-this-first-how-to-post-pics-now-with-pics
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:16 am

phantom 309 wrote:
88vmax wrote:
Yes I do have an 88 VMAX & I love it. I've put 90,000 miles on it so far.
V-max is a great bike,.
i,d like to ride this one,.

Hello from Texas 1124986000

Nick

Like like like dis pix. Smile
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:18 am

Oh yeah welcome to the forum and show us your ride when you get a round to it. Because we love pix's,.. as Nick just proved. Well I know I like pix's.
Back to top Go down

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 7:51 am

Nick, what bike?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Nice to see another Texan on here. My in-laws live in the DFW area and I'm up there a lot. Would love to see your car. Any good weekend cruise-in's up there other than Cars and Coffee? I'll be up there in my Roady on the 15-16th of Oct.

Oh a V-Max is one of my dream bikes. Comfy riding position and faster than a crotch-rocket...and the burble at idle...just wow. Nice bike! I'm riding a 96 Magna 750 and an 81 Seca 750 now. Love them both, but would also love a "real" bike someday.

Jealous of where you live too. Have driven the roads out past you toward Glen Rose and Hico and such...they're awesome. Have not ridden them yet but it's on my to-do list for sure.

Again welcome to the group!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
88vmax

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:42 pm

I was riding in Glen Rose area last weekend & it is nice.
But who you kidding you have the best roads in texas out your back door, we ride down to that area all the time to do the Willow City loop & Three Sisters & all the other beautiful Hill Country areas.

I don't know of any car events in this area, most all I do is bike related.
I may be down in Bandera for a rally this weekend.

Clint
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:22 am

88vmax wrote:
I was riding in Glen Rose area last weekend & it is nice.
But who you kidding you have the best roads in texas out your back door, we ride down to that area all the time to do the Willow City loop & Three Sisters & all the other beautiful Hill Country areas.

I don't know of any car events in this area, most all I do is bike related.
I may be down in Bandera for a rally this weekend.

Clint

Willow City Loop will make you sick if you go now. It's dead....burned up, just a bunch of dusty hills. I rode it in spring 2009, which was a wet spring, and it was GORGEOUS with all the flowers. It's just all burned up out there.

Three Sisters is one of my favorite rides....best in the state as far as I'm concerned. That area around Bandera and Leakey is just awsome. I'm jealous. You have a good weekend for it, supposed to be only around 90 with no humidity both days. Bring water....and beer. Very Happy

Ride safe!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:24 am

Here's some pics from a Luckenbach ride. If you get a chance, stop by Street Dreams in Fredericksburg and drool.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t1902-texas-hill-country-ride-new-street-dreams-pics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Texas
Page 1 of 1