GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadmanonduty

Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:52 am

I installed Street Trends Clear Corners on my 95 Caprice Wagon. I noticed that my caprice doesn't have the corner vanity lights that light up when you turn, so the socket remains empty in them. My 96 RMW has these corner vanity lights.
Is there any EASY way to convert my 95 Caprice to having the Vanity Lights? I'm not looking to rewire too much, as I dislike wiring on these older harnesses.
I could just install a bulb in the clear corners and know it doesn't work, but it would fill the hole in the clear light.

Any suggestions!

(today's fun is installing my Fuel Rail Covers! Smile )
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:29 am

Get the wiring harness from a RMW, or Caprice that has them, and plug it in.
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:42 am

Is there any difference between model years? I'd love to add cornering lights to my '94.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:29 am

The only differences might be the connectors. They may all be the same. I have the cornering lights on both of my cars, so I have never had the necessity to look into the differences. Look at your connectors, and if the ones in the donor are the same, go for it. If you pick a 94-96 they should be the same. The 91-93s might be different, but you can try them anyway. A wiring harness from a pic-n-pull yard should be pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:40 am

I have the donor harness from a '96 Caprice LS with the extra lights uncut and ready to go. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:47 am

How much of the harness do I need? Is it all the way back to the headlight switch or power source? sounds like more work than I am looking for! Wink
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:43 pm

It attaches under the hood. I believe it is on the driver's side in the front. I have not pulled that harness, but is should be by the computer on a 94-96.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:25 pm

It runs between the headlights and connects next to the PCM as Fred said.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:56 pm

I'll have a look at it and see what I think!
Thanks for the info!
I don't really "need" the vanity lights, so i might not chop into the wiring.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:37 pm

You do not have to chop into the wiring if you use the harness from a donor car. It fits in place of the original harness in your car. No cutting, no fudging, just route it the same place as the one you have now. Go one connector at a time, and feed it through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.   Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corner light differences RMW vs. Caprice Wagon.
Page 1 of 1