GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Plug and play heated seats?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

Plug and play heated seats? Empty
PostSubject: Plug and play heated seats?   Plug and play heated seats? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:50 pm

If I find a set of heated RM seats in a wrecking yard, does anyone have the answer if these would be able to be used in a non-limited RM? I have not found a set yet but am curious for when I do, will the plug connector under the seat be the same or if additional wires were run for these. I would think that the power cold have been shared from the existing hot wiring under there.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Plug and play heated seats?   Plug and play heated seats? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:22 pm

As a worst case you might have to run a power wire with a fuse to the seats. As long as you cut both ends of the wiring harness, it should be a piece of cake.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Plug and play heated seats?   Plug and play heated seats? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:00 pm

The wires under the seat will be a little different, but the plugs may still work. Check the color coding of both cars for compatability. You can take the pigtail from the donor crosscar harness, and splice into your harness in case you decide to keep the seats, and put them in another car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plug and play heated seats?   Plug and play heated seats? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plug and play heated seats?
Page 1 of 1