GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon

Go down 
+4
lornejay1
Sprocket
93wgn
Stretch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stretch

Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Empty
PostSubject: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Anybody have info on the swap-over (including the second row seats and console)?

I imagine the second row has the biggest issues, but I recall it being done? scratch

Dwight (Stretch)
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:46 pm

Should be pretty much a "bolt in" for the most part. The rear seat bottom will go right in, the top will go onto your 94+ seat but you will have to do some fab work for the armrest. After the fab work is done, a trip to the upholstery shop will get the cover on the wagon seatback. The front seats bolt & plug in(if you have pwr seats. The front doorpanels will swap perfectly, the rear, you would be better off finding some "leather top" Olds or Roadmaster wagon doorpanels and SEM dying them gray. The dash trim, etc is a direct swap and same for the console if you are keeping it column shift. Floor shift swap is doable but costly...

L8R - Joe
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
Stretch

PostSubject: YEah!   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:10 pm

So only the rear upper is the challenge...?

One, to modify the existing seat-back for the armrest, and two, fiddle with the SS seat back for fitment to the new scheme. Seems like I could do this.

I will need to "freshen up" the grey leather too, it's just a little bit tired, but overall very good until I get it looked after. Can a freshen up be done with the seats in the car?

Dwight bounce
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:14 pm

I used an Aloe conditioner/cleaner on the leather in my old 92 wgn, cleaned it up nicely, softened it too! Did most of it out of car but got lazy, threw them in the car and then cleaned them like a month later.

The rear upper is the only challenge with the swap but the cover is too wide so it will need to be taken in a bit on each side.

Make sure you take some pics when you do it.
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
Stretch

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Will do!

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:56 pm

I got a RMS leather interior over the weekend, so I'm interested in this mod as well. Take lot's of pics of the rear upper work!!!!
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Seems to me silverfox just did this and I was impressed. the rear even folds down tho not totally flat. IIRC
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:59 pm

Your right Lorne, I did just do the RMS seat swap. Actually the job was pretty easy. I came across the same blue interior that my RMW has in a RMS. For the front, I used the second passenger seat for the drivers seat. I installed a Blazer console and SEM'd it. It came out real good.

The back seat, like someone said, the bottom half snaps right in. The back actually was not that bad. The RMW and the RMS seats have to be mated together. The armrest has to be anchored to the plastic shell of the wagon, but that was easy. You need to find a good upholsterer, mine charged me $60. I did not have to cut down the RMS seats and the seat back still folds down, but not perfectly flat, but it is not bad. When your ready to do the swap, I will be glad to help you out and answer any questions.

Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon DSC_5828

Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon DSC_5827

Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon DSC_5829

Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon DSC_5846

Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon DSC_5831

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:56 pm

That is awesome Tom. Like I said I was very impressed when I saw it originally.

Leather couch,two recliners up front,surround sound,16 years old,I'd live in it. bounce
Back to top Go down
Stretch

PostSubject: Great Photos   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:30 am

Do you have any pix of the work being done?

Stretch

study
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Lorne, you outed me, I am not 16, only wish I was. I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice. Within a handle like silverfox, it was obvious something was not right. Profile updated.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:39 pm

Stretch & (Sprocket)

I will look to see if I have any pictures while I did the work. I know I meant to, I hope I did.

Here are a few steps to what I did, I am assuming the Impala seats are similar to the Roadmaster sedan.

1. Remove the frame from the Impala seat back. It involves cutting the bullnose rings that attach to the foam and cover.

2. Unzip the cover and remove the wagon seat cover and foam from the plastic shell.

3. Now place Impala seat (cover & foam) on the plastic shell, to give you an idea of what you have to work with. The foam should overhang the bottom of the seat about 1 1/2 inches. Measure so the seat is centered properly.

4. On the RMS seats the armrest has to be secured to the shell. I am assuming on the Impala seat, the armrest is separate from the from the rest of the seat. I cut out part of the seat frame that surrounded the armrest and I bolted it to the plastic shell. It is very important to mount the armrest in the correct spot as that will determine where the rest of the seat will be located. I used small one hole straps that are used to support cable TV wire and 1/4-20 bolts, all available at the hardware store.

5. That's it. Now bring it to the upholsterer. I did not cut down the width of my seats. I did not want to sacrifice the added comfort. The seats don't fold down like the wagon ones do, but who cares. They still fold down for the once or twice a year you use it.

All that the upholsterer has to do is put the back of the old onto the new, really not bad of a job. One other thing the upholsterer has to do, secure the seat that surrounds the armrest to the plastic shell. My person drilled 1/4 inch holes and used tie wraps to loop around the roping. In the process, she needed two 6" square pieces of material as fillers, which she took from the old seat.

Any questions let me know, I will gladly give you my phone # if you want it. I will look for pictures.

Tom C.

Last edited by silverfox103 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 9:46 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Lorne, you outed me, I am not 16, only wish I was. I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice. Within a handle like silverfox, it was obvious something was not right. Profile updated.

Tom C.

Well I was sure I saw pics of you in the NH fall tour,but then I remembered there were 2 identical wagons in one of your sig so thought you were maybe silverfox Jr. or something.

Its all how you feel anyway,so stay forever young.
Back to top Go down
iceship

iceship

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:37 pm

I just got some 1993 RMS seat going to put in 1994 Caprice wagon........ my seat are not bad just have some lite burns on seats, just the hairs....... But this seat was just to good to pass up......... had to buy buy buy.... Pic.s posted later
Back to top Go down
ModernMuscleHead

ModernMuscleHead

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Nice looking interior. I'm new to the wagon scene and that's one of the things I have on my list for my 1994 Caprice Wagon is upgraded interior. I have the blue cloth right now and I really like how that blue leather looks. Great job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midmichiganmodernmuslce.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 pm

ModernMuscleHead wrote:
Nice looking interior. I'm new to the wagon scene and that's one of the things I have on my list for my 1994 Caprice Wagon is upgraded interior. I have the blue cloth right now and I really like how that blue leather looks. Great job.

Thanks for the nice compliment and welcome aboard! You will find a great bunch of guys and lots of knowledge.

Tom C
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:53 pm

lol, I traded that grey RMS interior for a dark charcoal Bonnie one about 6 months back. Going into my boy's car one of these days.....
Back to top Go down
ModernMuscleHead

ModernMuscleHead

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:06 pm

I would like to do Impala SS interior on the 95 Wagon I'm picking up. I would like to do a full conversion to buckets, console, floor shifter etc. I have a strong feeling that this might be just as expensive as doing a full custom interior from one of my local interior shops.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midmichiganmodernmuslce.com
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:46 am

The Impala floor shift is an easy swap. It's getting all the parts that can be tough and expensive. Complete console/shifter/column setups are pulling over $700 on ebay. Good Imp seats are usually crazy high also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon   Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impala interior in a 1995 caprice wagon
Page 1 of 1