GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The SLuT, part Dieux

Go down 
+14
SaltyDog1969
Bewber
jayoldschool
matthimself456
81X11
a1awind
phantom 309
1phastsswagon
BigBlackBeaSSt
Sprocket
Olds Weighty Eight
buickestate
Grumpy
toomanytoyz
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
phantom 309

phantom 309

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 pm

new personal plate,. CHEE Z

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:58 pm

How about AYGUIDO? Razz
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:40 am

how about "atsa nice"
Back to top Go down
matthimself456

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:31 am

a1awind wrote:
how about "atsa nice"

HA! Perfect.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:14 am

Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:24 am

Is it sold yet? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 am

JoeT wrote:

He does not sell them until he spends a bit more money on them. This truck will go to fund the Firebird.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:33 pm

With apologies to The Bard: Though this be madness, yet there is method in it! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:34 pm

81X11 wrote:
JoeT wrote:

He does not sell them until he spends a bit more money on them. This truck will go to fund the Firebird.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Joe no method just madness!At least its an entertaining madness.
Jim
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Mike, that wood wheel is the one I want, but I'm not spending that much for it! I'll have to find one in a bone yard. Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:57 pm

OH YEAH!!!!!

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2011-12-21183217
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:01 pm

That's perfect. ; )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:51 pm

I cant believe that you got that plate!Down in Va they go over submissions backwards,upside
down and inverted to make sure it cant be something even a little suggestive.You will get
pulled over for a suggestive frame on your plate.
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Jim, VA is famous for an "EAT THE Kids First!" license plate. Always makes me crack up.

Crovo - fitting. Very fitting. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Ray the "eat the kids" plate is what turned DMV upside down when that plate hit the papers.Every
special plate request is gone over with a fine toothed comb.Even the random plates are examined
for any possible dirty phrases or abbreviations.
Jim
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:07 am

in pa we have 4 different plates....they all suck.

i miss florida, they had 100+ DIFFERENT...very colorful plates. back me up here sprocket.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/specialtytags/

hey sprocket....i figured you would have this on all your cars,
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 EndlessSummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:57 am

Yeah, I counted the plates on the DMV wall one time (I was bored - really bored) and I believe I got to like 118?

I think Florida should give the kids a sticker book to find all the different license plates while out on the road - sort of like U-Haul used to do with the 50 state trucks and trailers. It'd take forever to fill.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:32 am

a1awind wrote:
in pa we have 4 different plates....they all suck.

i miss florida, they had 100+ DIFFERENT...very colorful plates. back me up here sprocket.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/specialtytags/

hey sprocket....i figured you would have this on all your cars,
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 EndlessSummer

I desgined a variation of this design for the Surfrider Foundation about 6-7 years ago (used to be a graphic artist)
but we couldn't get the 50K seed money together to start the process with the state. Everytime I see one of these
it pisses me off!

Yeah we got a million plates here. Even one for Hooters. I go with the what's cheapest thread.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:50 am

Personalized plates got expensive in Texas. Sucks. Had ZOOMMM on the '79 Vette for years, and ITSRED on the GTO ragtop.

Oh well.

Crovo that plate is perfect!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Finally got the caps yesterday! Very Happy

I ordered a set of aftermarket ones with the brushed center and no logo. I thought it would look nicer on the pewter truck. Then I ordered a set of red "GMC" logos to put on them when they came in. The caps showed up last night and then when I finally had time to get them on, it was after 11pm. I'm sure my neighbors LOVED me running the impact that late at night switching out all 32 lugs! lol.

But I think they look wicked pissah!

From last night:
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2011-12-29234010

And from this morning:
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2011-12-3090945

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2011-12-3091015

I was also having wicked nasty drone issues with the truck since I got it. I swapped out the Flowmaster that was on it when I bought it a few weeks ago with a Lou's Magnaflow knock off. That made it quieter and the drone even worse... WTF? That was the same setup I put on the last truck and loved it. Hmmm... So I decided (against all advice I received) to do a true dual setup on it. Everyone I mentioned it to said it would drone like crazy, be too loud, and sound like ass. But I did it anyways. Figured I could throw an X-pipe on it at some point if I didn't like it. Well, I did it. Dual 2.5" crush bent pipes exiting at a 45* angle behind the tires. Used Lou's mufflers again. And I gotta say, it sounds pretty effin' good! Quieter at startup and idle than it was, and seems quieter driving too. At least from inside. I had my stepfather take it for a rip today while I stood in the yard and listened... Man, sounds pretty good! Not raspy and snarly like most LSx motors. I diggit. And best of all... NO DRONE!!!!! WOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!

Here's a couple lousy pics:
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2011-12-3091036

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2011-12-3091053

I actually "re-purpoused" the tips that came with the exhaust I put on the Subaru. So I guess in a roundabout way, it has Subaru parts on it now! lol!

So yesterday was a productive day. The to-do list is getting shorter! I ordered a tonneau cover for it yesterday. I need to get the rear axle bearing done still. And my oil cooler lines. And find that odd clunk it has. And then get my seat heaters and amp/sub in it and it should be pretty much done. Well, aside from the lower front airdam replacement and trying to straighten the back bumper out and laquer thinner the silver spray paint off the chrome on it. Surprised

I I love you this truck!
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:54 pm

It's looking GREAT....
but you forgot the "For Sale" sign... Razz
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Not yet. Almost got it done right for the next guy. Wink
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:53 pm

What kind of clunk is it Bill? Where does it sound like it's coming from?

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:12 pm

I keep checking this thread to see when he sells it.....
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:25 pm

200OZ wrote:
What kind of clunk is it Bill? Where does it sound like it's coming from?

Mike

To be honest, I can't tell. It's kind of a hollow "thunk" that I can feel in the floor, but seems to travel. Almost sounds like a bad body mount, but they all seem tight. Seems to happen most when cold outside, and when I transition on/off the gas. Sometimes bumps will make it happen too. But like I said, it travels where I can feel it and where I think I hear it coming from. Very frustrating.

I removed the spare because that's the kind of noise it makes, if that's any help.

New shocks all around. New u-joints front and rear, front end work done and all tight.

May be a tranny mount, but haven't had time to get a pry bar on it.

I do have a very badly toasted rear axle bearing, so much so that the right rear tire can be moved up and down a half inch or so when it's in the air. I'm sure that's making some noise, but I can't convince myself that that's the clunk I'm hearing/feeling.

Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Sprocket wrote:

Likewise....
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:41 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

Likewise....

Not gonna happen. Made that mistake once already. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:55 pm

Not gonna happen... yet.

Smile

Seriously though, I hope you keep it. It looks like a great truck. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Cant do any diagnosing until that bearing is fixed.My brother had an Suburban that use to make a clunk at totally random times.Turned out to be front axle passenger side inner u-joint.Apparently there is a TSB about it.Didnt start making any noise until he lifted it 3 inches and put on a set of 14/35 tires on it.Due to its hidden location,it was never greased once it left the assembly line.
Jim
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:49 pm

Sounds like that clunk could very well be the rear axle bearing.... Torsion bar mounts make some noise on those trucks once they get some miles on them, but on and off the gas, bumps,... good bet the axle bearing is the whiner. The clunk noise/feeling will seem to travel depending on what part of suspension is loading or unloading. And again, miles and age will exaggerate the noise too, worn leaf spring bushings, missing plastic leaf "isolators" all play a part.

Still hard to diagnosis over the web, so take my opinion with a grain of road salt.

Don't forget to check the blower motor resistor, and it's wire harness either.

Oh, and The truck's lookin' good.

Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 12:17 am

Really is looking good!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:55 am

Hmmm... Nice warm day in the 40's... I'm gonna head out to the driveway and get some more chit crossed off my list! Wink

And thanks for the props, guys. I totally dig this thing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Suppose to be in the 60s here.Not going to be able to do much today though but am going to
try anyhow.
Hope everyone survived New Years Eve and if you are in pain from last nights activities,been
there and done that!
Jim
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Got a lot done today. Got my amp and sub box in and wired up all stealth-like. Smile Got the tonneau cover installed. It's a nice one, Truxsport by Truxedo, I think. And the bows roll up with cover! Sweet. I also de-badged it like the last one. No pics, as it was dark when I finished. But not bad for a couple hour's work! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:31 pm

What kind of sub/amp combo?

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:58 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Got a lot done today. No pics, as it was dark when I finished.

Pics or we assume that your dog is bull legged......
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:42 am

Stingroo wrote:
What kind of sub/amp combo?

Cheap. Wink Same setup I had in my other one. I have a decent Sony CD receiver that has iPod direct control and the cable is out the back, so I can keep it hidden in the glovebox. The amp is an old Bazooka mono/sub amp from Back in the Day when they made decent stuff. And then I just have a vented prefab box that I got at Circuit City when they were going out of business dirt cheap. It fits perfect under one side of the rear bench, too! Has a 10" Dual svc sub in it. Hits pretty good, is plenty punchy for the rock I listen to, and will hit the bass beats if I feel like some Eminem or Beastie Boys or something, too. Plus, it cranks! Very Happy

No pics though. But I can get some if you want. It's really nothing special.

buickestate wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:
Got a lot done today. No pics, as it was dark when I finished.

Pics or we assume that your dog is bull legged......

Ok. Ok....

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2012-01-0292842

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2012-01-0292849

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2012-01-0292859

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2012-01-0292922

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2012-01-0292928

The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2012-01-0292937

So now the only thing I have left to do, exterior-wise is fix or replace that back bumper... Oh, and I still have to install the step bars...
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:59 am

Nice job on the tonneau cover!

I had a "roll-up" cover like that on my Sierra; I really liked it; I found it to be much more versatile than a cap or a hard cover.

That truck looks great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:57 am

Agree with Joe.Thats a sharp looking truck and will be easy to sell in a few weeks.Should bring
top dollar too.
Jim Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:10 am

It needs silver flames ghosted onto it - that way it won't look like such a grandpa hand-me-down.

Kidding aside - it totally is lookin' bitchin!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:26 am

Grandpa hand me down? Really? It must be the tonneau... Razz
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:59 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Grandpa hand me down? Really? It must be the tonneau... Razz

no it's the dents in the bumper and the bull legged dog
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Did you buy full sized nerf bars this time, or are you "repurposing" the craigslisted geo tracker ones you installed on the SLuT 1.0?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Ok, what's with the bull legged stuff? I don't get it?

And I had actually put full length bars on the last one, too, jackhole. Razz I got rid of the tracker ones pretty quickly. I got full length ones for this one, too...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:10 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Hmmm... Nice warm day in the 40's... I'm gonna head out to the driveway and get some more chit crossed off my list! Wink

GOnna be a COLD day here tomorrow in the 40s.....

Truck is looking pretty good btw.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:06 pm

Sprocket wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

GOnna be a COLD day here tomorrow in the 40s.....

Truck is looking pretty good btw.

LOL! I was excited. Got to work in a tee shirt in the driveway yesterday! Was high 40's!

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:37 am

Amazing change in a short amount of time. Beats a Subaru any day!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:05 pm

So I found out what the clunk is. Finally dropped it off at my mechanic's to do the axle bearing.

He said when he drained the pumpkin, it looked like grey oatmeal. And this was inside just floating around, along with a few teeth, chunks of metal and tons of shavings...
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2012-01-06155359
The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 2012-01-06155406

Well that could be your problem right there! Isn't that supposed to be UNDER a spider gear??? Someone musta been in there before and missed a part putting it back together. Sad

So he just threw the cover back on and filled it up with plain old dino 80-90w oil.

Going yarding tomorrow to get a new rear axle.

And to think, I've got a few thousand miles on it like this! And about 500 miles towing a car trailer! Shocked I been lucky!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Yarding? Yard from here at www.car-part.com to locate the one you want, then call them and get a little better deal anyway.

Cool you found it - bummer that's what it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The SLuT, part Dieux   The SLuT, part Dieux - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The SLuT, part Dieux
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next