GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Control Arms - Lower..

Go down 
+7
sherlock9c1
Nick Danger
lakeffect
Al H.
toomanytoyz
jayoldschool
BigBlackBeaSSt
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Empty
PostSubject: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Anybody have a part number for these? Rock Auto and Advance both only show front arms. I need rear lowers. One of mine is bent, and it's messing with my alignment.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:08 pm

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Or get a set of boxed in aftermarket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Look repainted to me but not new.Too much money Ray,go to the JY first and find 1 first.Might
be someone with one over on the SS forum.
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:25 pm

Well I won't be doing them until Christmas. I spent my current mod budget on gas, an EGR valve, shocks, and music.

The tires are wearing evenly with rotation, so it's not an urgent need, but it's something I want to take care of.

So Tim - with those, I can add a 9C1 swaybar to my wagon? I like this idea a lot.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:29 pm

You have no emission testing in FL. Why waste money on an EGR?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Gas mileage, maaaaan.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Stingroo wrote:
.........So Tim - with those, I can add a 9C1 swaybar to my wagon? I like this idea a lot.

No the wagon is wider than the sedan. I built some brackets to move forward and drop a 9C1/Impala bar that allowed me to put it on mine. So no it will drop on, but yes it can be done.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Just use a Panther bar. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:49 pm

Well I was just curious since that post made it seem like one could accomplish this.

But nobody has a part number for these?
Back to top Go down
Al H.

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 7:52 am

Stingroo wrote:
Anybody have a part number for these? Rock Auto and Advance both only show front arms. I need rear lowers. One of mine is bent, and it's messing with my alignment.

I have a '92 OCC parts catalog.
Assuming they're the same the rear lower control arms are part # 10000317.
The uppers are part# 10135497.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:21 am

Here's a good pair that is aftermarket. Not cheap, but much stronger.

http://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MCA0012&cat=94

and from BMR

http://www.lmperformance.com/1035/3.html

Last edited by lakeffect on Mon May 28, 2012 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 am

Rear Control Arms - Lower.. OldAndNewLCA

Stock and aftermarket rear lower control arms. I strongly recommend going for the aftermarket ones. The stock bars twist and flex in a way that contributes to the vague steering of our wagons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:44 pm

What is the difference between the sedan and wagon stock LCAs?I have a contact down in GA
that has parted out a bunch of SS and Caprice sedans.I know Fred had trouble with him but he
has always been fair with me.If there is no difference,let me know and I will call him.
Jim
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:56 pm

"Fred had trouble.." Do you mean with your contact or with the control arms?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:08 pm

With my contact!You have to negotiate the price down with him because he always quotes high
prices.Plus he is hard to understand due to the fact he is a young black man who uses all of the
urban slang which is difficult for me to understand.Once he realizes he is talking to an old white
guy he slows down his "urban slang"and makes it easier to understand him.He is a nice guy and
has always been more than fair with me!
Jim
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Stock arms are flexible for a reason: they absorb bumps and allow the suspension to move without encountering bind. They are sufficient for a stock LT1 wagon.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Try a Grand Marquis/Crown Vic sway bar. There are a number of how-tos on ISSF.

Get the aftermarket arms if you are going to use a sway bar, because you have to box the OEM arms to do the sway bar anyway.
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:06 pm

Let me check to see if I have any in the attic, if I do they are yours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:24 pm

You sir, would be my hero!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Try a Grand Marquis/Crown Vic sway bar. There are a number of how-tos on ISSF.

That's the Panther bar. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:46 pm

Research, I shall.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:16 am

I have a pair off a 9c1 you can have but they are prob different....

I mAy also have one in the back of Jade from a wagon I parted a while back...it's yours if it is there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:42 am

Yeah, I mean "technically" I only need one, but I figure it'd be best to replace in pairs. I was actually looking at it yesterday, and I think my "bent" arm is actually developing a crack.

This just got moved up to urgent December project.
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:05 pm

Went up to the attic to get the Xmas decorations. Searched for control arms. No luck. I must have sent them on to someone else already. Sorry Ray. Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:19 pm

No worries. Thanks for looking. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Stingroo wrote:
No worries. Thanks for looking. Smile

Duhh! I completely forgot. My buddy is parting out a '94 RMW with 120k. Want me to see if the arms are good?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:13 am

Yes please!

Also - Al H. I checked that part # on GMPartsDirect and they don't show it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 9:33 am

Stingroo wrote:
Yes please!

Just texted him. Standby for reply. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Control Arms - Lower..   Rear Control Arms - Lower.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Control Arms - Lower..
Page 1 of 1