GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.

Go down 
+2
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Empty
PostSubject: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:28 pm

That is all.

My results:

Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. 388956_2949965754831_1431987960_3263618_567806181_n

Man, I want to paint this car so bad.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:32 pm

When I did mine, I was told by numerous people that they could not see my tail lights in the day time. ALMOST got rear ended twice. Sanded mine off and reapplied just a TOUCH of tint. It's better now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:33 pm

I got some brighter bulbs. Smile You can see these quite well, even at night (I just had dad take it for a spin while I followed).

Some people go overboard for sure, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:11 pm

Whatever makes you happy but I want to make it as easy as I can for the people behind me
to see my brakelights.Does look kinda cool though.
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Probably one of those kid things you "grow out of" like loud music. Laughing

(Not me though....)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:10 am

Ray dont worry about the tailights,fix that rust man!
Jim
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:48 am

Looks good, if not a touch dark. Smile

Nice title. Like is was targeted just for me. Razz lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 11:50 am

It's a LITTLE bit darker than I wanted, but I sprayed the second lens a little heavier than the first, so I just rolled with it and gave the other a misting coat to even them out.

Still easy to see for my bad eyes, so I figure anyone with normal vision shouldn't have a problem.

I did the cornering lights too, since they don't appear to do anything on a Caprice. I like this look a lot:

Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. 402800_2954498788154_1431987960_3266049_2078687838_n

Hope Jim doesn't see this post... I need to clean my wheels. lololololol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:35 pm

Ray,why are those wheels dirty?
Jim lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Busted. Sad
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:23 pm

well u mention about painting why not roller on some rustoleum, did my cavalier but i did it in a hurry and it was only a beater,theres some good site listed

http://badass-of-ne.forumotion.com/t3210-roll-on-rustoleum-paint-job-photo-essay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm

It's on my to-do list. That Cavalier came out NICE.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Ray,
I did / used the same on my SS, and really like the Product as well.

https://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i412/1phastss/Mods/
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:58 pm

Yeah, they look good.

I really want a set of those GTO headlight covers though.

This will have to suffice for now... lol
Back to top Go down
92cappy

92cappy

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I want to make it as easy as I can for the people behind me to see my brakelights.

I find that a light coat, giving the lights a "smoked" appearance actually helps to improve the visibility of the brake lights during the day. When the sun is out, it can often be hard to tell when a red-lensed light is on. If your light is a bit darker, it provides more contrast between when the lights are on and off. Obviously, if you go too dark, you loose that benefit as light output is decreased.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:55 pm

Mine are really dark but found that brighter bulbs really work well, and can still be clearly seen during the day
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:11 pm

I saw Roo's wagon about a week or two ago with these lights. They look pretty dark but following him, I had no problem seeing when he hit the brakes (front of the car dips). Seriously though, you could see them fine in the south Florida sun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:49 pm

^ Proof positive.

Dark is good.

...and hopefully it won't dip for long.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:32 am

Who put the dip in the dip dedip dadip.....................?

ROO DID!

Sorry - Just had to be done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:38 am

Come to the Daytona show in March and you can shake my hand for it then.

Rama-lama ding dong... forever.

(Bet you weren't expecting me to get THAT reference... lol)
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:42 am

Oh touche there ROO, LOL excellent come back buddy Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:37 am

Hey Ray,what are the GTO covers you mentioned?
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:49 am

http://www.amazon.com/GT-Styling-GT0159S-Smoke-Headlight/dp/B000CMDJ5E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1326635343&sr=8-3

Although I guess it's GTS (sure looks like an "O" in the logo to me... lol)

It's a stock photo, but those are the ones for our cars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Roo,when do you want them?
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Probably after I paint in either Spring Break or Summer. Add to the black look.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:56 pm

1phastsswagon wrote:

ROO DID!

Stingroo wrote:

Know how I know you're gay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 6:46 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
1phastsswagon wrote:

ROO DID!

Stingroo wrote:

Know how I know you're gay?

Admittedly, I LOL'd, but you couldn't be more off-base. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.   Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Niteshade sucks. Rustoleum is a FAR SUPERIOR product.
Page 1 of 1