GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Passenger side wind noise

Go down 
+2
convert2diesel
PatDTN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PatDTN

Passenger side wind noise Empty
PostSubject: Passenger side wind noise   Passenger side wind noise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 am

Folks. The rubber seals around my passenger side front door look good but I'm getting a lot of wind noise. I'm thinking I might be able to loosen the top door hinge and ooch the door in just a little to make it seal. I seem to remember seeing a body guy stick a 2x4 down through the window and bending the top in a little but NFW I'm gonna try that.

I realize if I move it much at all I'm going to have to tweak the front fender in to match it.

Thoughts and suggestions? Warnings and advice?

Thanks,
Pat
Back to top Go down
http://www.patdonahue.com
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side wind noise   Passenger side wind noise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:55 am

Before you do that, spray the outside of the moulding with something like WD 40 and then close the door. That will tell you where the moulding is making contact with the door. For any area that is not contacting, get a roll of 1/4 inch circular weather strip and tuck it up under the seal (between the body and the "bulb" portion. That will push the bulb out far enough to seal the door.

Over time the bulb section of the moulding tends to flatten out. The only true fix is to replace the moulding (usually under 100 bucks for both sides). Steele Rubber still makes a replacement.

https://secure.steelerubber.com/search_frameset.php

Bill
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side wind noise   Passenger side wind noise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:04 am

Last edited by 1phastsswagon on Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side wind noise   Passenger side wind noise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:09 am

i get wind noise from the pass side sometimes,. usually worse when the wife is in the car,..

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side wind noise   Passenger side wind noise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:17 am

Pat,another thing thats easy to check is if the glass is fully seating in the channel.On my old
Regal the passenger rear glass would stop just shy of seating in the channel causing quite a roar
at speed.Get someone to run the window up while you apply pressure on both sides.That was
what caused my whistling.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side wind noise   Passenger side wind noise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:27 am

phantom 309 wrote:
i get wind noise from the pass side sometimes,. usually worse when the wife is in the car,..

Nick

UGH! That was totally going to be my joke. Tip'o the hat to Nick.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side wind noise   Passenger side wind noise Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:39 pm

The run channel tends to shrink, and there is usually a gap behind the mirror on a 91-94, and at the bottom of the front in the 95-96 (same place, different description). It could cause wind noise too. As far as I know there are no passenger's sides available, and the driver's side is about $100 shipped from Hamilton Chevy.

Loosening the front door to move it is a royal PITA. If you slip a $1 bill between the door and the gasket...you should have some resistance pulling it out. Try it at all points around the door (window area). If not, you do not have a good seal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passenger side wind noise   Passenger side wind noise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Passenger side wind noise
Page 1 of 1