GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon blower motor wheel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

Wagon blower motor wheel Empty
PostSubject: Wagon blower motor wheel   Wagon blower motor wheel Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:47 am

I'm looking for a 91-96 Caprice/Roadmaster wagon blower motor wheel. I had to replace the blower motor in my 1994 RMW, and the aftermarket blower motor wheel just doesn't cut it. Does anyone have a wagon blower motor or just a wheel sitting around? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Collin
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Wagon blower motor wheel   Wagon blower motor wheel Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:13 am

You are going to want to buy both the motor and wheel together. They are sort of an 'orphan' set up. I had noise problems with the replacement blower & motor I got from a dealer, and the original wheel (or squirrel cage) wouldn't adapt to the replacement motor.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon blower motor wheel   Wagon blower motor wheel Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:14 pm

I cannot remember which is which, bur there are 2 different color wheels. White and gray. One is stock factory size and the other is a hair smaller in diameter and will not move as much air.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Wagon blower motor wheel   Wagon blower motor wheel Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:39 pm

The black (gray?) smaller diameter cage is stock, if my ride was any indication. I 'shimmed' it up on the shaft a little, to reduce the amount of air recirculating past the gap at the vortex. It moves a ton of air quietly now.
The replacement I got from a dealer here several years ago was a noisy orphan with a white, larger diameter (but shorter) cage. Different shaft mount too, so I couldn't interchange any parts. What a piece of junk it was, to sell for this application. GM just wanted these cars gone from their books.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon blower motor wheel   Wagon blower motor wheel Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:58 am

I have one of the crappy ones, it's noisy as he'll and doesn't move as muchbair. Keep forgetting to pull a stock one at the yard....
Back to top Go down
GG91Wagon

GG91Wagon

PostSubject: Re: Wagon blower motor wheel   Wagon blower motor wheel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, I am going to scavenge next time I'm at the junkyard and hopefully find a blower and wheel together. I have an aftermarket Valeo in there now and it doesn't move near enough air to keep me warm in the winter.

Thanks for the tips!
-Collin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon blower motor wheel   Wagon blower motor wheel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:01 pm

My 95 has the replacement that roars constantly compared to the original on my 91 OCC.First
time I heard the 95,I honestly thought something was wrong with the AC until I slowed the
fan speed down.What a piece of junk the replacement is.Jimbeau,when you say you shimmed
the blade how far did you have to move it?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Wagon blower motor wheel   Wagon blower motor wheel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:41 pm

If you are talking about the stock one, it presses about an inch on to a splined shaft. I just backed it off around a quarter inch after measuring the available distance in the airbox.It sticks in my mind that I drilled a teeny hole in the dead end of the cage to break any airlock, because it takes some effort to get it off the shaft. I learned this by accidentally ruining my original motor while trying to get the cage off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon blower motor wheel   Wagon blower motor wheel Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Thank you jimbeau!

You Putz lol!

You Putz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon blower motor wheel   Wagon blower motor wheel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon blower motor wheel
Page 1 of 1