GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

95 BRM in Massachusetts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cctrack78

cctrack78

95 BRM in Massachusetts Empty
PostSubject: 95 BRM in Massachusetts   95 BRM in Massachusetts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:59 am

Just purchased. It had been sitting for ~2 years. I've had brakes and custom tank straps installed....... recently no-heat and stalling some.......... I want this to work, I could use a understanding mechanice?! In Somerville area. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: 95 BRM in Massachusetts   95 BRM in Massachusetts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Hey man, welcome to the fray! Smile

Come visit the local board over in New England. We're actually having a mod day at my house in Nashua this Sunday. You're welcome to come by. Smile

www.badassofne.net
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: 95 BRM in Massachusetts   95 BRM in Massachusetts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Welcome to the board and post up some pix's when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
cctrack78

cctrack78

PostSubject: Re: 95 BRM in Massachusetts   95 BRM in Massachusetts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Bill-

Would love to drive up the beast if she'd make it. B-day in the Family. Trying to rule out a stalling issue. Like I said the car has been sitting for a while. I filled the tank but I am not certain how old the gas was that was "hanging" around. The fuel lines looked "good" and the filter I was told appeared recent. It stalled on the way home I had enough momentum to get off the road. The mechanic says coil pack and cap rotor? Also no heat, he did the thermostat but I'm not sure if he did a flush to the heating core. Sore for going on and on but isn't it what these boards are all about?!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: 95 BRM in Massachusetts   95 BRM in Massachusetts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:03 pm

Well, that car doesn't have a coil pack, and you usually replace the whole distributor (known as the opti-spark) instead of just the cap and rotor. Does it have fuel pressure when it stalls out?
Back to top Go down
cctrack78

cctrack78

PostSubject: Re: 95 BRM in Massachusetts   95 BRM in Massachusetts Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 9:25 pm

I'm not sure how I could tell if it has fuel pressure. I did get it to start back up by letting it sit and then cranking and "giving" it gas. I was getting the feeling that if I sit and idle it would die, but if I'm pushing the pedal it won't. The mechanic wasn't able to have it idle for longer than 15 minutes. I just got the car on the "road" so I'm just learning, that and I'm not a mechanic. I've changed oil, spark plugs....................that's about it. I do wipe myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 BRM in Massachusetts   95 BRM in Massachusetts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

95 BRM in Massachusetts
Page 1 of 1