HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon May 09, 2016 11:07 am

Yep it kinds hurt trimming that inner dash but the results are totally worth it! Looks GREAT!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon May 09, 2016 11:27 am

The evolution continues...
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon May 09, 2016 11:31 am

Wow, beautiful wagon man! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed May 11, 2016 11:56 pm

I was really hoping this was on the mod list!
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:54 pm

Well...I had to make a choice. Keep my Rammit Intake or install the front frame/swaybar brace from Pro-Touring F-body.com.  I choose the brace BUT I will eventually run the air intake down by the PCM (move the PCM up and have the filter go into the inner fender).  For now...I'm all braced up and sucking hot air

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:24 pm

nice work. What do you think of the brace ?
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:37 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:
nice work.  What do you think of the brace ?

Thanks! The Hotchkis engine bay brace really seemed to tighten up the fenders and hood. It actually made the ram air hood fit flush and sit even. The frame/swaybar brace seems noticible (to me at least) when I'm hitting those tight hard corners. The wagon feels more controlled through the corner. Could all be in my head...but I'm pleased!

Drove it hard today through the mountains and loved every minute! Made it back down before sunset.

Back to top Go down
Eds rmw

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:16 pm

Sweet wagon ! We are local each other, would like meet up sometime
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:01 pm

car looks great have you ever weighed it before and after?
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:08 am

Eds rmw wrote:
Sweet wagon ! We are local each other, would like meet up sometime

Sounds good to me!

mtrhead79 wrote:
car looks great have you ever weighed it before and after?

Not since last fall at SSHS.  This thing is a pig with me in it (4,805 lbs) but was still able to pull off 14.9 in the quarter.  Since this weigh in I have changed the suspension / control arms / brakes (rear disk)/ added the braces and swapped to an aluminum driveshaft.

I did have a mostly full tank, floors and side panels covered with the Peel'n Seal sound insulation...amp and sub in the back wheelwell area.    

Unfortunately I have two gigs during SSHS this year...so no weigh in to compare.  

Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:39 am

Notice more creaks from the stiffness?
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:55 am

Andebe wrote:
Notice more creaks from the stiffness?

No..the only thing I hear sometimes is a little vibration at idle in the dash (happened after I put in the Z28 Cluster) and my damn 3rd brakelight bottom plate. It will rattle with the exhaust sometime (when it's cold outside)

I will say that the #1 most annoying thing in the world with my wagon now (as noticed it as I upgraded the suspension and went with better tires) is my tilt steering column. It has play in the tilt (bushing or something?) and it drives me bonkers on corners.

I would pay someone to rebuild the column....because I know I would mess it up if I tried to take it all apart myself.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:52 pm

IIRC

its not so bad,.. get the spring compressor doohickey, to compress the lock plate,. then you finally come across 3 reverse torx looking bolts they need to be tightened,..

you have an FSM right?
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:32 am

Yeah, I have a FSM...if I can see it done / pics or video...it would make me feel a little more confident trying it myself. I am a visual learner (and when I try flat on my own...I usually fk it up the first time around) lol
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:19 pm

aw c'mon now,. you can read music right?
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:17 am

Nice upgrade, and fixing the steering column is rather easy.
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:00 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
aw c'mon now,.  you can read music right?

True dat....ok...time to suck it up.

1993 Roady-man wrote:
Nice upgrade, and fixing the steering column is rather easy.

10-4. I got this!
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:40 am

So, I had to ditch my Rammit intake setup since adding that front frame / swaybar brace.  I decided to do the hole in the innerfender / suck air behind the bumper thing.  

*Bought some 3.5in aluminum pipe online (I'm running the larger MAF so I kept it all 3.5...BUT...one of the lessons learned would be to reduce it to 3in to go into the inner fender. That would make for a nice hole and clear things perfectly) I was able to use the Rammit 90 bend for the under the bumper piece. That was nice.

*Relocated my PCM up and out of the way

*Cut a hole and realized I was a dumb @ss and should have measured twice AND went with a smaller pipe...cut another hole (luckily I do have spare inner fenders in the attic incase I want to undo this someday) and decided I needed a cover plate to hide my mistake.  Lol

*Bought a prefilter to help keep things clean

*Undercoated the pipes to give it the black look and insulate it from heat.  

*made my cover plate and added some foam to tidy up everything.

* The plastic inner fender piece went on great...except I could not get one bolt on...I need to adjust the thread back a bit (th einsert on the inner fender) and I should be able to get a nut on it fine. It is really tight as is though. AND...if you used a 3in pipe you would not have this issue. Again, I was 3.5 all the way baby.

Boom™

Chris
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:38 am

looks good.
Had you tuned the car for the MAF being right on the TB ? If so, you'll probably want to get the MAF calibration tables tweaked for the more traditional position. If you hadn't, just disregard.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Great looking install. cheers
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:47 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:
looks good.  
Had you tuned the car for the MAF being right on the TB ?  If so, you'll probably want to get the MAF calibration tables tweaked for the more traditional position.  If you hadn't, just disregard.

Oh...good thought. I did have the car tuned for the bigger MAF when I got it...but I would have never thought to tweak it again with it changing positions! Will do. And PS...yes..photobucket and the ads are BAD right now. Damn.

Andebe wrote:
Great looking install. cheers

Thank you Sir!!!

Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:10 pm

I updated the pics...so they all should be there now.

Taking the wagon to ISSCA Nats in Indy this month. Eager to see how the suspension and brake upgrades handle the events! Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:27 am

As usual, top notch work!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:02 pm

That's exactly what I plan to do for my intake. Thanks.

Where'd you get that plastic that you cut?

And the aluminum tube and clamps, for that matter?

That's my next purchase.
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:42 pm

The ABS plastic sheet came from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C1GTNZE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The couplers for the intake tubes came from Amazon (Spectre)

The intake pieces came from Amazon as well:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Aluminum+Intake+tube&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AAluminum+Intake+tube
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:36 am

Ok, since it looks like Photobucket finally fixed my pics....I will give an update. Lol

The old hood (seen here in a pic from ISSCA Nats in July) is now gone.  I bought a new 2in steel cowl hood and my old one lives on a SS once again.  

BUT, the painter I used was a little off on the match.  So...I need to get it fixed again (for some reason he was really pushing back on blending with the fender tops). I put my NOS grille on since the painted one didn't match.  I actually like the stock grille look though.    

Before:

After:

Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:41 am

I prefer that hood. Looks so much cleaner. I love it
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:06 pm

I totally love the new hood! Love it! I'd like to have one for my car!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:59 am

I guess I gotta be the guy...I like the old hood better,but hey,its your wagon,Chris. I dont think the new hood is ugly,just favor the old one. Its still my favorite ride on the forum. cheers May the Christmas wagon roll forever,lol.
Back to top Go down
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:49 pm

the suncoast hood looked much better, I'm not a fan of cowl hoods.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:28 pm

buickestate wrote:
the suncoast hood looked much better, I'm not a fan of cowl hoods.

I don't disagree with you much, but MAN I do here. I liked the Suncoast hood, but to me it looked like an Oldsmobile design...would look great on a Custom Cruiser, but this new cowl hood, to me, looks fantastic!

I am partial to cowl hoods though, having owned that 79 Corvette....of of course my goofy Citation X-11. I love looking over a cowl hood from inside the car...as long as it's not too tall. This one looks GREAT to me.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Chevy cowl hood on a buick,...
Not for me personally,. Cowl hoods are done to death
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:13 pm

Truly amazing, I love it.
Back to top Go down
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:58 am

Well, I was tired of the look and was never thrilled with that hood. It was cool for a little while but everyone down here has a Suncoast style hood.

Great thing about modding...is you can always change it later. Once I can get the paint matching, I will like it more myself.

Lol

Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:15 am

Did you keep the Cylon eye lights? cyclops
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:16 am

I think I like the chrome grille better, Chris. And for me, that's rare.

It really ties the front of the car in with the beltline trim, since you have an Olds bumper on there now.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Just to echo what JasonL said - every time you change your intake piping or move the MAF, you'll need to recalibrate the MAF tables. You can use the stock O2 sensor outputs to do it... assuming the O2 sensors are still in the factory positions on the factory exhaust. BUT... if they're not, you need to recalibrate the O2 sensor gains and delays for the new exhaust first... and you can do that by reinstalling a complete stock intake setup on a stock motor.... wait, I think you're motor's not stock either? Nevermind. Does it start, run and drive? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    

Back to top Go down

Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11