HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Think the smell was bad for you? Talk to anyone that rides behind a car with hacked off cats. I pissed off a lot of people with my catless 94, lol. Friends would hang back about a half mile. You made a good decision for power tour.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:26 pm

great progress. turn downs should help with the smell
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:21 pm

Way to go! Literally 38 years ago, catalytic converters were restrictive. Nowadays... Z06s and ZR1s run ridiculous power through catalytic converters.  

I wish I could find the test I read where they took cats off a C6 Z06 and made... ONE more horsepower.

So yes, do yourself, your friends and the planet a favor, and keep your cats in good working order. My next muscle build will have cats. And it will make ridiculous horsepower.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:15 pm

Adult rodding,lol.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:29 pm

Well....new tips are not really a win in my book. What I wanted in my head did not translate quite right. LOL! I need to do some thinking and find something that will tuck up more and look less like a horse wang. I wanted to do the TransAm style tips...but there was not a good way to make that happen with the room given by the spare tire hump. These are the tips the shop had on hand.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:53 pm

Nice to see better looking tips on that exhaust. Also nice to see that you stuck them out the corners. Thats how i did my old 93 wagon.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 pm

Well, the sound and exhaust smell is a lot better this way too. I just wish the tips tucked in more...but I’ll leave em as is for a bit to
see if it grows on me!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:12 pm

I like that a LOT better than the square tips!
Back to top Go down
rauldelp

rauldelp

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Looks killer to me!
Back to top Go down
dmg4

dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:57 am

A couple trips up and down a steep driveway will round those off nicely..... scraaaaaaaape.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:01 am

I would like to run flat ovals that go straight out the back, or out of the side in back of the wheel opening. My opinion on turn downs is that they blow up a lot of dust on gravel or dirt surfaces. These are a lot of car to keep clean as it is.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:35 am

Thanks everyone!!

Lol, dmg4 - The tips that were on there had plenty of scrape marks. LOL! They hung a lot lower and were at the very rear. Although they did help save my rollpan a couple of times when backing up and missing something.

Wagons generally get dirty on the rear anyhow...and the rollpan seems to really amplify that. A quick swipe of the California Scraper/Duster solves it. Lol

Final Dyno testing happened over the weekend. I say final, but I'm prob going back again after some more changes. I can see why this can become addicting...when you have numbers and get advice on how to improve...you want to go back and see the improvement.

Anyhow, drives great and sounds great. Went to and from ATL with no issues and the smell is totally gone between the cats and moving the tips. Exhaust actually sounds better with the turndowns. I'm guessing it's the waves hitting the ground resonating.

Alex (tuner) was great to work with and has grown fond of the wagon now and wants one for himself! Lol. Evolved Tuning is where the Dyno was. They were a pretty cool shop and the owner had some great info and past data from other LT1s to share.

Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:50 am

Well, not totally happy with the numbers....got bit by the bug...Lloyd Elliot heads (LE2 ones) are being made now.

Lol.

This should help this combo I have make the most power and I promise I will stop after the heads.

Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:36 am

Sure you will. Suuuuuuuuuuure you will.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:10 pm

*cough*

What will prob happen...is...I'll get things as good as they can be, take it on Power Tour and then sell it and the Magnum R/T and try to get a Corvette.

LOL!!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:23 pm

What happened to NVRSELL? :p

I would love to do Power Tour one year. Goals.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:07 pm

That plate would just transfer to the next one! HAHAHA. I always tell people, NVRSELL but ALWAYS TRADE. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)    

Back to top Go down

Getting Jade Ready for WagonFest (and other updates as they come)
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14