GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new speakers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:26 pm

first off thanks stingroo
so got home from work and my wife had bought me some speakers. She had gotten me a cd head unit when we bought the car because the stock cd player did what it wanted turn on and off by itself and scan stations when it wanted, oh and the volume would slowly raise by itself to full blast. and the speakers on the pass front is blown. I didnt waste any time installing the back but forgot to take pic before heres some pics of my head unit front speaker and box for them

my head unit
new speakers Car065
new speakers Car064
new speakers Car063
new speakers Car062

front speaker
new speakers DSC00089
new speakers DSC00087

rear speaker
new speakers DSC00088

she said the man at the audio place used a reference book to double check front speakers
Back to top Go down

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Nice. Those are decent 4x6s. In the future if you upgrade to 6.5s you'll be amazed at the quality difference.

That head unit looks sweet.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 11:55 pm

are the holes big enough for them? or do i have to modify the hole? i havnt got the front ones yet ran out of light but the rear are crisp and clear i listen to country and don't need them loud just glad its so much cleaner sounding.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:36 am

I'm liking the big buttons on the head unit.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:42 am

also come with remote to be honest can't believe i haven't lost it
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Nice. Those are decent 4x6s. In the future if you upgrade to 6.5s you'll be amazed at the quality difference.

That head unit looks sweet.
Stingroo. So why do 6.5" sound better? I am looking at some 6.5 Round in a couple different brands. Pioneer or Kicker. Will they go in the door without too much trouble? I want the best option that will fit in there. My original ones have no high end and base is shItty. A local audio place wants $40 for installation for the front and $40 for the rear. It can't be that hard!
How about the back? 6"x9" or 6.5" round" Is there such a thing as 9"? Thanks
COL
Back to top Go down
HERD_546

HERD_546

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:06 pm

There is a pattern that you cut out of plywood to fit the 6 1/2 inch speakers in the front doors.. I have them in my 95 Wagon and a pair of three way 6X9's in the back.. They sounded OK.. I had a Kicker Sub Box with 2 8" woofers and horn tweeters. I have that in the back behind the back seat. I put 2 1/4 inch phone jacks in the place where the cargo cover goes and wired into to the rear speaker lines.. It sounds great..

I can take a photo of the plywood cut outs for the front doors..
Back to top Go down
http://www.theherd.com
COL

COL

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:05 pm

"I can take a photo of the plywood cut outs for the front doors.. "

Yes Please. Take a photo for me.
I won't add the ones in the far back because I use the seat some times and also the storage.
COL
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:53 am

I ordered a pair of LBL 6x9 three ways for the rear. I will take pictures of the install. Also have some dynamat coming for that application. I think I will go with 6.5 in the front later.
COL
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:54 am

I mean JBL...
Back to top Go down

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:23 pm

COL wrote:
I mean JBL...
The mind is the first thing to go,I think!How much snow do you have up there?
Merry Christmas Dick
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Jim,
There is snow in the mountains but I live a block from the Pacific ocean. No snow here. I gave my snow blower away 15 months ago when we moved here. It never gets hot (high this summer was 75) and never gets extremly cold. It has rained most of December however.
Merry Christmas to you too Jim.
Dick
Back to top Go down

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:14 pm

I have a close family friend that live in Kirkland and when they get snow they really get SNOW!
Few years ago they were snowed in for about a week but had a blast playing in the snow.
Take Care!
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:11 pm

roadmastercouple wrote:

my head unit
new speakers Car065

I know this is an old thread but. . .

I'm looking for that installation kit. Does anybody know what the manufacturer is and the part number? I think it's a scosche GMT2049 but all I can find is a GMT2049A which comes with a stupid tray underneath.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new speakers Empty
PostSubject: Re: new speakers   new speakers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new speakers
Page 1 of 1