GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Persuaded in Oklahoma

Go down 
+7
81X11
Sprocket
DBeaSSt
1993 Roady-man
MarkM
BigBlackBeaSSt
gmtech
11 posters
AuthorMessage
gmtech

gmtech

Persuaded in Oklahoma Empty
PostSubject: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 pm

OK, after some poking and prodding from 1993Roadyman (my brother), I think that is his handle, here I am. Located just north of Tulsa, OK. A little about myself: I am an ASE Master Certified Technician, not much time to play with any toys though (read that as Caprice Wagon). I teach engine performance, automatic transmissions and HVAC at a local technology center. That proves to be very challenging, but that is another subject.

I have been an on and off viewer of these forums for a couple years. I picked up a '95 Caprice Wagon a few years ago. Haven't done much with it though, she sits in the garage, waiting for me to spend some time with her. Fairly rough shape, but I couldn't pass up the deal, tranny was out of it. Built the trans, installed and their she sits..... waiting. Maybe joining this forum will get me in gear (no pun intended) with this project.

I attended the Wagonfest 2 years ago in the Rochester area, can't think of the name of the park right now. But, as my brother will tell you, I was driving my '08 Lucerne, no wagon yet. It was a surprise visit to both my dad and 1993Roadyman. Enjoyed the time I spent there and looking forward to taking a wagon there someday.

Enough of me, let's hear from you guys.

I will post some pics as soon as I can. Beware though, she is in rough shape. I don't have that painting knack like my brother, but I can fix them.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 pm

Welcome........ If you are anything like your brother you are a keeper. Welcome aboard.

I probably met you at Seneca Lake State Park, but do not remember. I do remember you Dad.

Tim
Back to top Go down
MarkM

MarkM

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:29 pm

Glad to see another Okie on the forum! Which tech school do you teach at? I'm less then a mile from TTC
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:15 am

Hey you made it,... welcome aboard.

FYI: Paul I just made a deal with Chris "Brokecello" here on the board for his 95 in piece's project wagon, so no hurry on your end is needed, but still interested.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:33 am

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:52 am

Welcome aboard!!! Glad to see ya hear. Look forward to pics.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 am

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you here. Hope to make it back up to Tulsa sometime to re-live some childhood memories.

There are some big swap meets coming up soon in the Dallas area if you ever make it south. Pate is an AWESOME event. Know it's a road trip for you but if you want to get out of town sometime it's a good meet. Info in the Events section.

Again welcome!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:35 am

To the new guy: Take that thing out on the freeway and let the LT1 do it's thing. Then you'll know whether or not you want to bother with it.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:38 am

Welcome aboard! Took ya long enough. Wink
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: LT1   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:18 pm

jimbeau wrote:
To the new guy: Take that thing out on the freeway and let the LT1 do it's thing. Then you'll know whether or not you want to bother with it.

I know what they are capable of doing. I just don't have that much time to play with the toys. Maybe I'll just make it a daily driver and force myself to work on it. Budget has no room right now though, need to sell some of my other stuff. Although I can't wait to get it road worthy.
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: Swap meet   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:21 pm

81X11 wrote:
Welcome to the forum and glad to have you here. Hope to make it back up to Tulsa sometime to re-live some childhood memories.

There are some big swap meets coming up soon in the Dallas area if you ever make it south. Pate is an AWESOME event. Know it's a road trip for you but if you want to get out of town sometime it's a good meet. Info in the Events section.

Again welcome!

-Mike

When are they coming up? I traveled to Dallas more times than I care to count. Drive is not too bad. GM training facility right there in Garland. Spent many days there training.
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:26 pm

MarkM wrote:
Glad to see another Okie on the forum! Which tech school do you teach at? I'm less then a mile from TTC

The very same you speak of.
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:27 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Welcome aboard! Took ya long enough. Wink

Good things come with time.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 12:49 pm

gmtech wrote:
81X11 wrote:

Again welcome!

-Mike

When are they coming up? I traveled to Dallas more times than I care to count. Drive is not too bad. GM training facility right there in Garland. Spent many days there training.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t6022-spring-texas-swap-meets

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t6033-upcoming-cars-shows-in-salado-texas

Cars and Coffee Dallas is also a good time: http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/ pics from my last CNC Dallas: https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t3892-cars-and-coffee-dallas-is-this-weekend-6-4
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:09 pm

That's it Mike get him use to swap meets and cruises. And he will find more pleasure in being away from home when he can get time.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:10 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:
That's it Mike get him use to swap meets and cruises. And he will find more pleasure in being away from home when he can get time.

Does he not leave home unless forced?
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:12 pm

He has lots on his plate.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:12 pm

The Pate swap meet at the Nascar track in Fort Worth is as close as we get to a Carlisle/Hershey event here. It's big, lots of vendors and worth a trip.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:24 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:

........Watch my wagon rocking back and forth.......
you are getting sleepy........
so sleepy that you will do what I tell you.......
you are now in a deep sleep.......
very deep sleep now.................
now listen to me...................

GIVE ME YOUR WAGON!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Welcome to the gang,Jarrods brother!
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 10:23 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Shoo! Welcome Smile So, who was into wagons first?!? You or Jarrod?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
gmtech

gmtech

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 11:24 pm

brokecello wrote:
Shoo! Welcome Smile So, who was into wagons first?!? You or Jarrod?

Jarrod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persuaded in Oklahoma   Persuaded in Oklahoma Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Persuaded in Oklahoma
Page 1 of 1