GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

Location : Wandering aimlessly about Daytona Beach, FL, or in the Hospital

What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Empty
PostSubject: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi Gang
As most of you know, I have a *fleet* (3 actually, Olds, Chevy & Buick) of '92 wagons. I read somewhere (I have forgotten where) that other GM radios will ftt in that giant hole in the dash. The radio head unit out of a Venture I think was one of them. Anyone have any info, ideas or thoughts on this? I really HATE the way the aftermarket units look. I have a Pioneer in the *Yenko Impala SS* and a Kenwood in the Roadmaster *GSX Stage 2* wagon. Thanks!

Larry
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:14 pm

The later ones (95 up) fit and plug in. You use the early mounting bracket, and have to mod it a little. Really obvious once you put the bracket on.

What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? A20792a129520d1b14edae_m
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:33 pm

OCC 1992 Before....What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? 07011311
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:34 pm

OCC 1992 after...What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? 07011312
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:35 pm

Plug and play....Speakers are next Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Must be easy if you can do it!affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 6:00 pm

There is a wwwwwwwhhhhhhhooooollllleeeeee lotta truth in that statement:lol: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Ebay and CLs has those types of GM radio,s all the time.Going to have to start looking for one.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:56 am

I bought mine on ebay,remaned....guaranteed fit of harness....a little high priced IMO $119. A trade off for wanting the factory look.
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:28 pm

I'd love to have a factory cd player like the one above, would this work for my 91?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 10:53 am

Count on it.... Smile
Back to top Go down
udownwitk

udownwitk

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Andebe wrote:
I bought mine on ebay,remaned....guaranteed fit of harness....a little high priced IMO $119. A trade off for wanting the factory look.

i tried putting using the same stereo from my '96 impala in my '92 RMW but i couldnt get it to sit flush... the spot for the connections was on the opposite and i couldnt push the stereo all the way in. what all did you do to get it to work? The white bracket underneath didnt quite fit either. i thikn the bolt in the back is the only one that worked...
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:45 pm

It WILL work. You just have to mod the white bracket a bit. You don't use the bolt in the back. The dash front will hold the head unit in place.
Back to top Go down
udownwitk

udownwitk

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:59 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
It WILL work.  You just have to mod the white bracket a bit.  You don't use the bolt in the back.  The dash front will hold the head unit in place.
i will look into it again next time i have the dash out... it looked like some serious work was needed to make it work but im sure im wrong, lol. i hope i can get it to work. the impala stereo looks great and plays burned CDs as well!!!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:19 pm

I can promise, it is not major work. All you do is trim a little bit on the white bracket to allow it to bolt flush on the head unit. That's it. No wiring, no dash alteration. Your climate control will no longer dim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?   What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What other OEM radios will fit in 92 wagons?
Page 1 of 1