GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pagin October.....

Go down 
+2
silverfox103
Sprocket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:28 pm

It's the first already and I need my LROM fix (taps vein in anticipation) What a Face
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Mister Crovo will be making his appearance for the Wagon of the Month, shortly I hope. He has been reminded.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Nice! This is one of the best features of this forum IMO Smile Thanks for keep it running silverfox103!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Sorry for the tardiness!   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 11:48 am

Hey Guys! Looks like I've been picked for the LROM for October. Seems fitting, as I have some spooky pics of Morticia that will fit in pretty good. Smile Thanks for choosing me!

So how did this whole wagon thing start for me? And when? Well, I have to be honest and say I was never a fan of wagons, at ALL, until recently. I always liked coupes and hatchbacks, and never considered a 4 door or a wagon as cool. But then, about 10 years ago, I was goofing off in the parking lot after work with a few of the people from the office and I ended up blowing out the ACL in my clutch leg. At the time I was driving an 96 Z28 with a T56. I couldn't drive it anymore, nor would I be able to in the near future, so I sold it. But what could take its place?

My line of searching was simple. V8, RWD, American, Automatic. Something I could get in and out of easily with my bum leg. That's when I found the Impala SS. It strikes me now as odd that I had never remembered seeing one before I started my quest. Weird. But anyways, that's when I realized that the cop cars had the same drivetrain. So I set out to get a recently retired cop car. Now remember, this is just as the internet was starting up, and I had just purchased my first Pentium machine, so I hadn't even found the impala online communities yet. I ended up buying a two-year old ex NYSP trooper car. I paid way too much for it and got hosed on the deal by a guy in Chester, NH that made a living on selling retired cop cars. Big Blue was gorgeous. Dark Sapphire Blue (still one of my favorite B colors!) with a blue cop interior. It was JUST retired, well maintained and only had like 96K miles on her. I bought it, drove it, loved it. I swapped out the tranny when it blew. I did some routine maintance. I swapped in a RMS limited set of seats. The car was pimp. The water pump started to leak, I got sick of it and traded it in on a truck becuase of a stupid 30 dollar part. Moran. Man, I miss that car!
Pagin October..... Bigblue

I didn't need that truck, after all. So as I was still missing Big Blue, I set out to find a suitable B replacement. In this time, I had found NAISSO and then the ISSF. I was a better informed shopper this time around. Though no B fit the bill. I ended up trading the truck in on this:
Pagin October..... CaddyStock1
That car lasted a long while with me. I did A LOT to that car. I had many sets of rims and tires, interior stuff, stereos and more than my share of clutches. When I sold "Elephant Running" she had transformed into a built-motored, T56'd, dubbed, ghost-flamed street terror. And I was famous. And I would NEVER do a T56 swap again.
Pagin October..... Finally1
Pagin October..... FinalDays02
Pagin October..... FinalDays03
Pagin October..... FinalDays07

During my ownership of the Elephant, I decided it was too nice to drive through the winters and needed a decent beater. That's when I discovered wagons. I bought the Fat Wagon and my life was forever changed. She was ugly, but I loved her!
Pagin October..... Wagon5
I got to try my hand at the wonderful, undiscovered world of spraypainting.
Pagin October..... Paint6
I loved that car, even with the anemic 305. I did the caddy intake and a 2.5" exhaust, rattlecan paint, and a set of silver and black bonnies (that are now actually in Chris P's -SWT SS- car), and a few other odds and ends.
Pagin October..... Fatwagon1
I loved that car. It's utility, the way the L03 sounded with that exhaust. The whole deal. She just rocked. Someone even stole it once, but I got it back and rebuilt her the best I could. But in the end, the call of the LT1 was too strong. Too bad the douche I sold it to, one of my wife's good friends, decided to drive it drunk one night. At least she was able to walk away from the head on encounter with the pole at 40+...
Pagin October..... FatwagonRIP2

I did it again. During my ownership of the Fatwagon, I came to my senses and unloaded that 93 Camaro that I thought would replace the Caddy. I bought a 95 DCM Impala SS.
Pagin October..... 95Impala3
I still have it. It got that T56 swap I would never, ever do again. Oh, and it's got a built motor and custom paint and a whole bunch of other crap.
Pagin October..... 2008-06-14_GIR_2407Medium
But that's not a wagon, so I won't bore you with the details...

Which brings us to the beginning of my heater core issues in Roadmasters... The Fatwoody. The first one I bought from Fred down in Waterloo. She was a DCM woody with ruby cloth.
Pagin October..... Fatwoody3
I fixed the paint with some more rattlecans and put pergo wood floors in the back and did a set of BMW lights. I just drove it. It was a winter car/parts hauler. A winter car that despite whatever I did, wouldn't have heat. So I sold it to a guy in Texas who didn't need heat...
Pagin October..... Flatwoody15
Pagin October..... BMWudyProjectors11

Then what? I sold it for a lowly, rusted out caprice wagon. A HAUNTED caprice wagon. Named her Morticia.
Pagin October..... 95Caprice1
Pagin October..... RightAtHome025Medium
Pagin October..... RightAtHome040Medium
Pagin October..... RightAtHome073Medium
I had a lot of fun with that car too. Namely I painted it AT the 2K7 Issca Nats in St Louis, in the parking lot, with rattlecans. I had the biggest POS at the show, and I think it's one of the most remembered.
Pagin October..... ISSCAnats07012Medium
Pagin October..... ISSCAnats07020Medium
Pagin October..... ISSCAnats07054Medium
That car was great. And I would still be driving it if we hadn't tried to get my wife into a B-wagon.
Pagin October..... GangstaShoes002Medium
Pagin October..... GangstaShoes005Medium

Which brings us to the Marshmallow. I bought it for my wife and she gave it a shot, but it just wasn't fancy enough for her. So when she wanted something else, I had to make a decision on which wagon to sell, and this one was such a nice, clean, southern car from Fred, that I just had to keep it. It's, in all honesty, too nice for what I'm going to do to it, but that's ok by me. We bought it at WF08! I went with one wagon and came back with TWO! While she was driving it, we just did a set of Cragars to set it apart.
Pagin October..... 0726081848
Then I inherited it and the mods began.
Pagin October..... 5689_1181258408211_1130713851_56375
Pagin October..... GranSportification018Medium
Pagin October..... 0705091856
Pagin October..... Cluster001Medium
Pagin October..... Cluster046Medium
But don't let me fool you, she still gets used like a wagon should be!
Pagin October..... E6cf10a2
Pagin October..... August2009403
And I have lots of plans for her, too. I think I'm going to sell the SS and put the monster motor and wheels and tires from it on the Marshmallow. I'll put an SS rear with 4.56's and a T56 in her too... My mods have only just begun!

So it looks like you'll have to deal with me for quite a while longer. Wink Hope you enjoyed my story and feel free to ask any questions or make snide remarks...! It's because of these cars that I've done a LOT of travelling, raced in points series and met a bunch of cool people that some of which I now call my closest friends. That's another thing about these cars, the awesome community of people who come along with them. I think that that is the best thing I ever got from owning one of these. Thanks for listening.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Great write up Bill. I never get sick of those caddy pics.

I was always wondering how Mortica looked as a virgin,and if you had got it directly from a Funeral Home or not. Just got my answer.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks for sharing Bill. I didn't know your first was a 9C1, one of my favorite colors too. Smile And your FWB is still one of my all time favorite B/D cars.

So is BigUgly going to become the daily driver once you go mod crazy on the Marshmallow?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Hey...Bewbs did the flames on Mortica, but who (and where) did the streaky base coat!?! No
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:11 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Thanks for sharing Bill. I didn't know your first was a 9C1, one of my favorite colors too. Smile And your FWB is still one of my all time favorite B/D cars.

So is BigUgly going to become the daily driver once you go mod crazy on the Marshmallow?

Thanks! And yes, I am already driving it daily. Wink

brokecello wrote:
Hey...Bewbs did the flames on Mortica, but who (and where) did the streaky base coat!?! No

Ha ha! I figured you'd ask me that. Wink Some dood in Louisville, KY let us spray at his place. I think it was the first project in his (still under construction at the time) new garage! He even let me crash there for the night. That was a lot of fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Good story Bill, he can always be counted on for a chuckle! He's had quite a collection. I get nervous when I see him with a spray can in his hand.

It's good to see the "Wagon of the Month" and the Wagon Site take off. It wasn't that long ago when no one would post for a week. I had trouble getting anyone to do the "Wagon of the Month". Now that has changed.

Thanks for your nice compliment, Chris.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:31 am

Nice write up!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Thanks guys. These cars are full of possibilities! Smile
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:03 pm

lol...yeah. That was a good time Smile

Love the pics and stories...I forgot your 1st OCC started out as light blue!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pagin October..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pagin October.....   Pagin October..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pagin October.....
Page 1 of 1